Answered

Ending - button does not open link

• 19 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear community,

I created a typeform where potential customer have to answer 5 question to get a download link to a pdf file. 

Right now the information I posted here is only a dummy, so I got a file from the internet to demonstrate my example.

This is how i configurated the button:

Link to the file:

https://www.boorberg.de/area/downloads/306249be-18b2-4c9a-b7a6-77e3dfd80ede/e1b6b484-3929-4e6c-96fc-1a530a1c3c2d.pdf

Now, when I pulish my survey an the ending comes, nothing happens when I click on the button. If i post the link on the normal internet explorer the link does function normally.

I have the Premium account and can’t find the issue. Can you please help?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 March 2021, 13:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @quiub , 

What browser are you using when the link doesn’t work? I wonder if it’s a browser issue since it’s working with IE.

Hi @vickioneill 

I normally work with Google Chrome but I tested also Firefox, and the Button Link is not doing anything.

Just to be clear, the pdf browser link does function normally. the problem ist with the typeform ending button link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Okay, cool.

The default (for me) was the button showing but not linked to anything:

I needed to toggle this on then you can add a website, link to PDF or use a Typeform feature:

If you click the + button, it opens the Typeform features:

Once you add what you need, make sure you click Publish (I kept forgetting to do that when I first started and couldn’t figure out why my changes weren’t showing #blondemoment perhaps? lol)

Does that help at all? 

I already configurated the button just like you decribed it. I also did publish my chances.

It seems the button is not doing anything if I am checking the typeform in preview mode. I tried it just now with the real typeform share link and it works. 

Thanks for you help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@quiub - that the button does not work in preview mode is an expected behaviour, I have come to learn as a user, …  now for the next form!

des