Answered

Export Typeforms from another account and then Import

• 6 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

We have got a Typeform account where we have been creating Typeforms for 2 different departments for a while. Now, we want to have 2 separate accounts, so we do not mix stuff from different areas.

We have created a new account and dozens of Typeforms need to be created on this second account. In an ideal world, we would export those typeforms from the first account and then import them on to the second one. We do not need to export the answers or any other collected data, just the questions, the logic, etc.

But we do not find any option to do that and we do not find any information regarding this matter. So, we will have to create all those typeforms again from scratch.

Do you know whether this can be done automatically with some kind of export/import feature?

Thanks a lot for your help.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 July 2021, 16:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isep Formación - welcome to the community from another user

if you raise a help ticket with Typeform support and provide them with the form ids/addresses that you want to move, the email address of the target account and any other pertinent info, they will validate and confirm by email then will move them for you in the background. 

i have done this for a client project. 

des

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer. We’ll do that.

Just one last question: you say “move”. Do you know if copying rather than moving is also possible? Our plan is to keep all the current typeforms in the first account to have a smoother migration and avoid service downs.

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isep Formación - they will take a copy as well.. just put that in the message. I do the same thing, sort of like a dev and production environment lol.. 

Great!! Thanks John!

Hi, I had the same question that @Isep Formación had in the past, so just to follow-up: did this solution work and how long did it take them to transfer it from one account to the other? In my case it would be from a free account to a basic account.

Thanks for helping!