Answered

Festival [Typefrom + Stripe]: Can I limit the number of tickets available, or only number of form responses?

• 1 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Newbie here! 

I am organising a mini festival and would like to sell tickets via Typeform as it will work out cheaper than other ticket platforms. I have 115 tickets available. I would ideally like to allow people to purchase up to 2 tickets per form response. HOWEVER, I must be careful not to sell too many tickets as there’s a strict venue capacity. Is it possible to limit the number of tickets, other than by limiting form responses? Or is the best/only way to limit the number of tickets to 1 per form response, and cap form responses at 115?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 December 2021, 22:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FrankElixx Welcome to the community! What’s the event you’re ticketing for? (I’m just curious!)

I think the best way to go about this would be to setup the close options in the form to be sure that the form will close when it reaches a certain number. There isn’t exactly a way to limit who fills out the form either, unless you happen to know which emails will be filling out the form by chance? :grinning:

Badge

Hey @Liz, thanks for the speedy response! It’s a little non-commercial festival based on the 10 Principles of Burning Man :)

So selling 1 ticket per form response definitely sounds like the best solution. Next question is, if I were to pay for a Basic Plan (100 responses) would the form automatically stop accepting responses once 100 have been submitted anyway? 

I won’t know respondent’s emails in advance, but I did wonder whether I can limit responses to 1 per email? So that I don’t have 1 person buying 10 tickets by submitting 10 seperate responses. Does that make sense? 

Thanks so much for your advice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Well that sounds fun, @FrankElixx ! You’ll have to let us know how it goes!

As for plans, the form would automatically close once your account has collected 100 responses. You’ll receive an email alert before you get close to 100 just in case you would like to collect more than 100 responses. 

We don’t have a way to prevent more than one response per email, and there are some workarounds you could try if you happen to be embedding the form on your website. The post below has some examples of those!

Badge

Thanks Liz!!! Super helpful, and enjoying playing around with our form

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad that helps, @FrankElixx ! Let us know how the form building comes along! :sunglasses: