Answered

Field mapping from Typeform to ActiveCampaign - name field

• 2 November 2021
  • 5 replies

In trying to map a typeform to AC we are running into trouble with the name field. The Typeform requests the name as a short answer field. (There was not a name option like there is with email.) Is there a better method for collecting name? Here’s the rest of the problem: the name field in typeform just asks for name.  We need separate fields for first name and last name (how do you get that on one page?) Please advise on how to proceed. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 November 2021, 19:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @YDG Welcome to the community! The Active Campaign integration was built by their team, so we sadly don’t have any control over how the fields are mapped. In this case, you would need to use one short answer field since this is how they have setup the integration. Though, I can suggest reaching out to their team directly to provide feedback and/or requests!

On Typeform however, that would be two separate pages asking for the name pieces, though, right? or does Typeform have an efficient way of requesting the name pieces for a contact?  suggestions please

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Since you’re integrating with Active Campaign, I would suggest using one short answer field for both the first and the last name, @YDG .

What I am asking is can I have TWO (multiple) short answer fields on the SAME page? and HOW?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @YDG Our forms show one question at a time because we find the response rate is higher. It isn’t currently possible to have more than one question per page, but please let us know if you think of any other questions!