Answered

File Upload on Typeform linked with Onedrive

• 25 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello Community,
We have connected a typeform with Onedrive asking a bunch of questions where the people needed to upload pictures.

1.) This pictures get stored in an Onedrive for Business Account.
2.) The Survey information is stored in an Excel File also in Onedrive.
3.) In the past we were using a Excel VBA Macro to download, rename and structure with folders the “upload picture responses” from the Survey, but we want to get rid of this!

Question1:
Is there a way to get directly the Onedrive Link in the Excel File instead of the API Typeform call?
The Information in the Excel Columns are like this https://api.typeform.com/forms/xxxx/responses/xxxx/fields/xxx/files/a4b1b25349a1-16118606251481512978818121836557.jpg

Question2:
Is the file only stored in Onedrive or does it still use space in Typeform?

Question3:
I would love to export this files automatically with a “Flow Tool” like Make (Integromat) and create a structure on Onedrive from there while importing the other Survey Information to Salesforce Tables. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your Help!
Greetings
Daniel

icon

Best answer by Michaela 30 March 2022, 10:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pan de Vida Ministry Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 

To help answer your questions, 

1. This isn't possible with our native integration, but it may be possible with another service such as Zapier or Integromat. @Michaela can confirm with Integromat!
  2. It is still stored in Typeform until you delete the entire response. 
  3. I’m not aware of this tool but Michaela should be able to help with the Integromat piece!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, hope everyone’s having a great Wednesday!

Hey @Pan de Vida Ministry 👋

If you want to use Make (formerly Integromat) for this purpose, I would actually suggest automating the whole thing from scratch within the platform 🤓

The flow could be something like this: 

• A user fills out your typeform
  • Make gets a ping to webhook
  • Make processes the responses
  • Make stores the text responses as new rows in an Excel workbook
  • Make downloads the media responses, saves them to OneDrive a pastes the newly created OneDrive links to the Excel workbook

You can check out the pre-made integrations of Typeform, OneDrive and Excel below so that you can learn more about their features and functionality. 

💛  Typeform on Make

💙  OneDrive on Make

💛  Excel on Make

This is something that is definitely doable on Make but it is not really trivial. In other words, this might potentially be a job for one of our amazing integration partners. I’m gonna go ahead and leave a link to the repository of our partners over here.

(Just a side note here: Don’t be alarmed that they are listed as “Integromat Partners”. We are currently preparing partner listings on the Make website but until that’s done, this link would be the place to go to 😊)