Answered

Follow up question if low rating

I’m creating a customer survey where I ask my customers to rate (1-5) different areas of my service (coms, speed, quality, understanding). If the rating is 3 or higher, I send them to the next question but if it is lower than 3, I want to ask for more info, then send them to the next question. I’ve tried this but keep getting an error “You can't jump back to a skipped question or a different question branch.” for wanting to go to the next question after each “more details” question.

Any help on how the logic should be set up would be helpful. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by vjhendrickx 15 June 2022, 13:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vjhendrickx The error message you’re seeing is stating that you can’t send respondents backwards in the form, so you have to be sure that you’re always sending them to the next question. So, if you want to ask them for more info, you’ll want to be sure you have that set as the next question rather than sending them back to a question they’ve already passed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vjhendrickx - to extend what @Liz said, set up your questions something like this: 

• rating question 1
    • logic rules:
      • if q1 less than 3 jumpto q2 (making assumption that the rating question is q1 at the moment) 
      • if q1 greater than or = 3 jumpt to q3 (next rating question
  • if they jumped to q2 - this is the text entry question
    • logic rule: always jumpto to q3 
  • q3 is the next rating question
    • logic rules
      • if q3 is less than 3 jumpto q4 (text entry) 
      • if q3 gte 3 jumpto q5 (next rating question) 
  • if they jumped to q4 for text entry then logic rule to always jumpto q5

and so forth - sends them a little ‘sideways’ if they rate you low but always moving forward in the grand scheme of the logic map

des

Thank you. My questions were just in the wrong numerical order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Well glad it was an easy fix, @vjhendrickx !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

By the way, why don't you send your form over here so we can take a look at it and give you some feedback @vjhendrickx?

Wishing you a great day! 😉