Member tips

Follow-ups/Notifications based on endings - including 'conditions'

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies
Follow-ups/Notifications based on endings - including 'conditions'
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Want to include a bunch of information back to your respondent in the notification email - but it has to be based on the ending to which they are sent? 

That’s easy enough to do in Typeform using the notifications feature. 

Let’s say you have collected the email and you ‘scored’ the responses from your user into High, Medium and Low. You want them to go to an ending specific to each result AND to get a custom notification email that gives them information specifically related to that ending. Sort of along the lines of this logic flow: 

In my simple flow, I have set up question 2 to ask the user which ending do they want (high, medium or low) simply to make this easy. Extend this as much as you want with earlier questions and scoring but the principles are the same. 

Here’s a look at question 2, in this example: 

The user goes to the corresponding ending and will receive the corresponding email. 

I set up the follow-ups for this to look like this:

Each one has a trigger set - the first three are set based on choosing an ending. The last one in the image is set with a condition. I’ll show the Trigger and the email for the High ending - note the Medium and Low are similar. 

Trigger:

Now the two steps to set up the email: 

1. set up the email front end bits
  1. set up the body of the email: 

Note the subject line and body are hard-coded with the result - i could add a lot more information in here for this ending/result if i chose to send it as part of the notification from Typeform. 

Do the same for the Medium and Low endings

Now for the more extensive use of logic rule style conditions. In this case, I wanted to send the email to users who did NOT choose A and did NOT choose C. (That really means they chose B but I wanted to demonstrate how to use the conditions in a simple fashion

Note these look a lot like the logic rules - a little more rudimentary but it works. 

Now for the email body - the front end is the same but here’s the email body:

That’s a really simple example of how the form works.

If you want to see a short video of how this was done, I’ve created this one

This is a simple yet powerful technique that allows you to do a lot with the follow-ups. Make sure you push your survey details into something like a CRM, ESP or Google Sheets so that you can use the data for further nurturing of the users. 

cheers

des

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you so much @john.desborough ! This is so helpful! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah, thanks for putting this together @john.desborough  really helpful use case and very well explained. We’ll feature this on the Community home page today 😇

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, thanks for putting this together @john.desborough  really helpful use case and very well explained. We’ll feature this on the Community home page today 😇

humbled… @James  @Liz