Answered

For Picture Choice, is it possible to add an image search feature for the "other" selection?

I’m creating a form where I want people to select their favorite color scheme using the Picture Choice selector. As you can imagine, there are many possible color schemes, and so I want to also give them the option to search for a color scheme and add that as their response.

Is this possible with basic or developer tools? From what I can tell, the “Other” option for Picture Choice only allows people to enter text, which sort of defeats the purpose of a Picture Choice option.

Bonus points if I can set the search feature to only show results from a specific search engine like Adobe Color.

The obvious workaround is just adding a “file upload” question for them to manually download an image and add it, but that’s just adds a lot of friction.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 June 2022, 23:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @liamdmcl Welcome to the community! We don’t have a feature like this (that could be added with code, either), but this is an interesting idea. I’ll share this with the product team!

Thanks for the response! It could even just be the same image search feature / database that the form creators have access to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @liamdmcl! In the meantime, why don't you share your form with us so we can take a look at it and give you some helpful feedback? Looking forward to checking what you've been creating with us! 😊

Hi @Gabi Amaral! I actually didn’t get very far in building the Typeform before I ran into that limitation. I’m afraid what I’m looking to build might be too custom for this platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hmm, I understand @liamdmcl. Well, just make sure to ask a question here in case you have any doubts! We'll try our best to help you. 😉