Answered

Form for party guests to upload vaccination cards

• 7 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi I’m looking for a form where guests can input multiple names and an image of their vaccine card for each name.  

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 November 2021, 03:01

View original

4 replies

Hi @LDC! Welcome to the community from another user!

You can create this form using Short Text questions for the names and File Upload questions for the vaccine card. If you nest it under a Question Group and use some logic jumps, you can create a form where the user can enter how many guests are coming, their names and upload their vaccine cards.

The form stricture would look something like this:

Q1) First Guest

Q1a) Guest name

Q1b) Upload vaccine card

Q2) Another guest?

Q3) Second guest

Q3a) Guest name

Q3b) Upload vaccine card

Q4) Another guest?

…. and so on.

​Awhile ago @john.desborough taught us a wonderful trick to avoid repeating the “another guest?” by entering the number of guest in the start of the form and building the logic to an automaticaly countdown. Unfortunately I can't find that thread, but maybe John remember where is it?​

Here’s some reading to help you get started:

Question types (used to gather names and upload vaccine card)

Logic jump (used to redo the process in case of multiple guests)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - thanks for the mention.. here’s a couple of examples of the replay - one a simple list and another (for the screenshots) of a slightly more complex one done with question groups, as you mention. 

@LDC - you can do add a question for a file upload but unless these are really good friends and not worried about the privacy of their health information being in your possession, i would want to make sure they were all ok with uploading the images ahead of time.. (i would not be willing to do that for a party but would happily show it to everyone at the door or in the party from my phone… just sayin’)

here’s a simple list of names to enter based on a number entered in the first question. the images below are from a more complex set up using question groups … 

here’s the question structure for the set up - an identical set of question groups is set up for the maximum number of registrants (this example is for a school)  - after the student info is collected it goes into emergency contact details

this one is an example using registering students - asks you form 1 - 5 and then sets a v_counter variable in q1. and then goes to the question group for the first child.. at the end of that group it removes 1 from the v_counter and if 0 then it goes out of the loop if not 0 then it goes to the info input pages for child number 2.. and so on

then in the second child to register, at the end of the question group

@john.desborough I will bookmark it this time! Ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough I will bookmark it this time! Ha!

@Paulo - too funny lol.. (me too!)