Question

Formatting question text - why so inconsistent?

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

So my questions have some bold in them, which i highlighted the words to bold and was provided the option to format. 

However on the same page, when I do this for other questions on the same page, it doesn’t work or give me the option? Why is this, and how do i bold the text?

6 replies

Badge +5

Hey @Aimssmith , welcome to the community!

Just trying to understand the problem. Am I right to assume you are saying that bold formatting works in some questions types but not others? If so, which are the question types where you can’t make this work?

I think a screenshot wll be of great help!

Thanks for popping by! 

Hi @Gabriel Thanks so much for picking this up. So yes, you’re exactly right. Basically I have a multiple choice question with 7 options. They are based on values and so I have bolded the value on 4 of the options but can’t seem to do so on the remaining 3. In order to bold the 4, I simply highlighted the text to bold and a pop up option to format (bold, italic or link) came up. I can’t get this to happen wit the remaining questions :thinking:

Here is a screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Aimssmith - this is from a fellow user.. 

i have seen some inconsistencies myself in a couple of areas but here is the work around that i have used: 

• in a multiple choice list such as you show, i select the text i want and then i use the ctrl-b option to bold the text (see the image below that shows bolding across various elements of the list choices

that may not be the perfect answer but it works well for me as i try to do this in my forms. 

cheers

des

Thank you soooooo much!! That’s done the job perfectly. Amazing. Am super grateful!! :)

Badge

Is there any way to make the answer portion of a question in bold text?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jjcteam I’ll answer you in your thread. :grinning: