Answered

Free Form Not Publishing

• 22 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I have created a free account and a quiz with 10 questions. When I try to publish it says I have too many questions. I thought 10 questions is okay for the free version. This is the error message I get:

“This typeform uses trial features that aren’t on your plan. To publish it, upgrade your plan or remove these trial features:

unlimited questions

What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by DanaCoursey 24 February 2021, 22:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @eve. Welcome to Typeform and to our Community! 🥳

You're totally right that having 10 questions is okay for the free version. However, if you see this message, it's because you're using more than 10 questions.

The statements, the welcome screen and the thank you page (endings) are considered question blocks too, so you need to make sure you have a maximum of 10, counting all of them you have in your form. 

Hope this clarifies a bit more! :) Can you confirm if you were able to identify the additional ones? 

Under the details section, it clearly states that the welcome screens do NOT count as questions, but ENDINGS do. What is actually true? I am having the same issue. 1 Welcome Screen, 10 questions-won’t publish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DanaCoursey welcome screens shouldn’t be counting towards the total. Do you happen to have a question group on your form? If so, the questions within that group each count as their own individual question. 

No, no question group. I deleted a question and it worked. Not ideal, but I got creative. I was reading another’s comment and it seems there’s a glitch that’s automatically adding an ending page to each form and that does count toward the total. Hopefully that’s fixed soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @DanaCoursey. Thanks for confirming it worked! I'm glad to hear that 🥳

Actually, this is the expected behaviour. In the new builder, the ending screen is automatically added and it does count toward the total. Our team is reviewing this flow and collecting feedback from creators like you - so thanks for sharing this with us! 

The product team will keep improving the New Builder over the next months and I’ll make sure they are aware of the confusion over this. =)

HI i have a 6 question block and keeps saying that I have premium features, and i’m just doing 2 short answers and 2 long ones. I’ve tried to delete the multiple choice and the pictures but it keeps saying that i can’t publish it.

Thanks

I have exactly 10 slides/question pages and it will not publish.  PLEASE HELP!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kianna Thanks for stopping by the community. Do you happen to have a welcome screen or thank you page? If so, you’ll want to remove those. 

If not, do you mind taking a screenshot of the builder so we can see what you’re seeing? :grin: