Answered

Generate Dynamic Document with Typeform

• 5 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello All !

I’m looking to use Typeform to generate dynamic documents ( contracts ) . The idea is : 

User select answers on the form, these data will synchronize with Google sheet then from google sheet a pdf will be generated using fields probably with Zapier. 

However, I need to have more than just the answers that are on the form. I want that the answers selected on the form to generate bigger text in the backend. 

Do you have an idea of how to proceed ? 

All the best 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 September 2022, 04:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Panteranroses,

I guess @john.desborough would be the guy to talk to.
I remember he wrote about this in a thread quite a while back, but i cannot find it atm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@daniel thanks for the mention.. 

@Panteranroses - here’s what I use to do the similar thing for many reports for my forms and for my clients:

• Typeform to Google Sheets
  • create a ‘merge template’ in either Google Docs or Slides - complete with as much static text as I want
    • note: in the google sheets i also use logic to determine what additional ‘standard text blocks’ i want to add into the response via vlookups - these are in addition to the static text inside the document template - and these text blocks can be one to many paragraphs
  • i use Document Studio - a Google Sheets add-on - that allows me to merge the incoming data into the template, create a pdf and spit it out via email to the client. 

there are a couple of other ‘tricks’ in the use of Document Studio that you can use but these are for another day.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@john.desborough 
I really like your solution.
Would you mind providing us with a small template google doc, to to be able to see the setup?

It would probably help a lot of users comprehend the workflow.

Dan

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation, I will look into Lookup in details as i think its the main point of complexity here 

I Guess the best way to learn will be to experiment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@daniel - here are a couple of screenshots of templates

note the {{ fieldname }} structure for placing data from a field on a form

and from a google doc for a maturity assessment - one pic of a long document 

note the last line of the table shown: the content is variable length and comes from a vlookup made in the google sheet based on the score the user achieved in this section. 

note the static text, the {{field}} contents and the variable length possibility .. 

cheers

des