Skip to main content

Newbie here: Can Typeform do this? ...  

I want to create an 8 question quiz that has five response each question and where each of the five represents a “bucket” that will lead to an “instant result” for  the quiz taker. 

In each question  I want the five statements to be ranked from “most true about me” to “least true about me” with a five for “most like”  to one for “least true”. Then compiled into total score so upon completion I will know which bucket got the most points and which the least, and in between, too. 

I tried to start but go stuck pretty quick with the scoring part. It seemed like a ranking thing but that didn’t get a quantitative score, I don’t think.

Here is an image of the first question: 

I’d love some guidance. First if I can even do this on typeform. Second, any videos to look at. Third, maybe even some 1:1 time with an expert who can show me how to do this.

Thanks,

Craig

@john.desborough is definitely a scoring master!

@Craig Carr - unfortunately ranking and matrix type questions can’t be used in the logic rules.  you would have to use another question type to be able to use the logic inside typeform 

you could do it something like this: 

• have a multiple choice question that allowed you to pick two responses - most and least
  • then have a follow up question that asked for something like this “ok you selected C as one of your two choices - is this a) most like or b) least like? (a multiple choice. 

that would give you the ability to determine the which bucket gets the high and low points 

you could also add a series of questions that showed the possible ‘non selections’  from the first question and ask them to pick the mid point from the three. and then follow up with a question about the remaining two items for 2nd high choice …. 

put all those in a question group and then you could duplicate the question group for each set of data.. 

i know that is not a perfect way to create the quiz - having logic available within the typeform for ranking would be ideal (i have asked a few times for this to be on the product development list) 

hope that makes some sense 

des

Thank you, John, for that thorough answer.  It’s exactly what I was looking for although  I’m a bit surprised typeform can’t handle this ….but it is what it is. I I think I’ll have to re-think things. 

Any other suggestions would be welcome if anything comes to mind.

Thanks, Craig