Answered

Google Docs Importer

• 24 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey there, I’m wondering why the google docs importer doesn’t seem to be working?

I find it much easier to use then anything else but now it doesn’t work.

Anyone have any insights?

Or recommendations to make the form creation faster?

icon

Best answer by James 27 November 2023, 12:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Viral thanks for getting in touch. The ability to import a form using a Google Docs sharing link is no longer supported in Typeform. Instead, you just need to copy the entire form structure from Google Docs and paste it into the “Create Wizard” as mentioned here.

An alternative way to speed up form creation is to use the new AI form creation tool, where you can give a general outline of what you form you want to create, add specific questions and your business details and it’ll make the form for you. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it works pretty well. If you try it keen to know how it went.

Thanks!

Thanks @James, that’s too bad the google docs importer was the best thing.

Importing a google form seems smart too, but I’m not going to make a google form just to make a typeform, but the google docs importer was great.

What I noticed on it, was it was actually hard for users to know it existed (most likely not marketed well).  But functionally it’s way easier for me and a team to iterate form questions on a google document, before importing it into typeform.

So now it’s just back to a slower form creation process.

thanks for letting me know.

And how do I vote to bring it back.  It was my secret sauce.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Viral sounds sorry to hear you’re going to miss this feature, I can understand why you liked it. There are various reasons why our product development team drop features and in this case I’m not sure why. However, I’ll pass on your vote to resurrect the feature to the product team for their consideration.

Will keep you posted if there’s any news about the importer coming back…

Cheers