Answered

Group question logic

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m struggling with branched group questions. I have one question with 2 answers and each answer goes to a different group, all fine so far! However at the end of one group it follows onto the next group despite me setting up logic jumps. The logic jumps look correct in the logic map though, so unclear where I’ve gone wrong. Are there specific rules for the end of group questions returning to ungrouped questions please?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 March 2021, 02:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JSands. Happy Monday and welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

You'll need to add a logic jump to the last question of the first group. Have you done that? If so, do you mind sharing a screenshot showing how your setup like? We'll be happy to take a look! :)

Userlevel 1

I am having the exact same issue.

The problem is that my last question doesn’t support a logic jump (phone number field).

I’m assuming there’s something I’m missing and I don’t have to add an additional question or rearrange my question order to accommodate something that should be really simple?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JonathanSatet - from a user here.. 

you might want to consider putting in a Yes/No question as a summary question, displaying what you have collected so far and asking them to choose NO if they need to correct (and set the logic jump to if answer is NO then jump to qx) and if Yes, to go to the next question you want them to see. 

@JSands - I use that (preceding point) a lot just to make sure i can control the logic. Especially at the end of a Question group - i typically will display the answers the user gave and give them the option to cycle back to change (the NO selection on “are you happy with your answers”) and the yes to go to the opening page of the next question group or next question in general 

hope it helps

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough Thanks for your help!

I honestly can’t believe that this is Typeform’s official solution. If so this is impressively bad software design on their part!

”Ask a stupid and unnecessary question because our software can’t perform basic tasks!” 😑

Maybe this is fixed in the new builder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JonathanSatet. Welcome to the Typeform Community.

You may have figured this out yourself already, but unfortunately, there are a few question blocks that don’t work with logic jumps (i.e. statements and phone number). This is how the feature works for now but I can totally see how the option to use logic jumps would be useful.

@john.desborough has shared a great workaround that hopefully will work for your workflow. Another option would be reordering your questions and making sure the last question of your group accepts logic jumps (which is the majority of our question blocks).

You are not the only creator who has flagged this and I’ll make sure to bring this conversation to our product team. 

Thanks for your feedback, it really helps us to understand how to get better.