Answered

Have they changes pop-up code?

• 26 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I made a new form and realised the code was different to all the other forms i’ve created. Then I went to an old form and realised it had the new code format. This code is really frustrating because it’s removed the button text which means I can’t edit it on my website, which is really annoying if the text is over 24 characters. Plus, it won’t properly display when I edit my website, making it very confusing to know which form is which. Have they changed the default code or have I done something to change it? If so, hows do I get it back to normal?

icon

Best answer by mathio 1 August 2023, 11:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hfh3fhu2f Could you share the URL where you have the form embedded as well as a screenshot of the page with the embed settings within the Typeform builder? Thanks!

https://www.needatrim.co.uk/medium-fade/p/style-cut-montego-bay-jamaica-The first 2 are the original code, the last one is the new one

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @hfh3fhu2f ! When I look at the website, the buttons all seem to be displaying correctly. Is there anything in particular that isn’t showing correctly about them? 

The pop ups themselves work just fine. It’s the code themselves that are the problem. They used to be longer and allowed me to edit the button text. This meant I could get around the 24 character limitation that typeform puts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hfh3fhu2f Ah, got it! I believe we reduced the amount of code recently ( @mathio might be able to confirm this), but all that said, I wouldn’t suggest overriding any of the code or settings we have in place to ensure the forms work properly in the embed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, this is new “live embed” feature that enables you to update your typeform embed right from the share page. There is no need to edit your website.

We understand for some use cases the live embed might not be the best approach and would like to resolve this in future.

If you’d like to use the previous approach, currently the only way is to use Embed SDK directly. If you have any doubts you can always ask here in the community.