Skip to main content
Answered

Having variations of a quiz after initial question on gender

I’d like to change the questions on a quiz based on whether a person chose Julia or John as who to play in question 3.

I dont need to reproduce “ Julia” or John that is stored as a quiz response but store the fact the person chose that John is playing and then deliver specific questions.

So I’d need a hidden variable like ‘name’ from question 3 based on the choice of Julia or John and conditions for next questions based on that value.  I dont see this as an option in the Help section.  I only see having a secret var at the beginning, in the URL to the quiz, which would not work in my case.

Thanks for your insights

Hi @Carosanfran. Happy Tuesday :hugging:

First, you need to set up hidden fields. Then, you can create the logic jumps considering the hidden field is the condition. Here you can find an example:

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes =)

I wish I knew where to do this Mariana.  I’m using a version of TF that looks different from the screen shots you show, which was the one I used previously and much preferred, with all the great “ if” options.

Was that the “ Classic” that is often referred to in the help ?  What’s confusing is no “ new” version is referred to in the Help versus the Classic.

I did find this option now going into the Advanced tab of Logic but I’m told since I set up Simple Logic, I cant use those options. Would I have to erase all the simple logic rules to add the hidden field ?

Is there a way I could use the previous version you show in your screen shots?  I found it much more intuitive.

Variables
Yikes!
This is the UI I have - I preferred the other one

Thanks,

@Carosanfran - you aren’t using hidden fields but logic branching based on the answer to a question. it is something like this: (i have used q5 and q10 as examples

• if q4 = Emery then jumpto q5 (and then from q5 direct the user down the questions for Emery) 
  • if q4=Julia then jumpto q10 (and then from q10 direct the user down the path of questions for Julia) 

des

Hi @Carosanfran Were you able to get this setup? :grinning:

No @Liz .  Again, I’ve used the conditions @john.desborough mentions before but have no access to these in this case.  Please explain what version I am using based on the UI.

Hi @Carosanfran I’m not quite sure I understand - looking at your previous screenshot, it looks like you’re on our new builder. Can you confirm which builder you’re using? 

OK so the only thing I assume is having to start over and removing all Simple Logic from the quiz.

Given this message:

🚫Advanced logic and simple logic aren't compatible

To set up advanced logic, first go to the Simple tab and remove all logic rules.

I really dont like this new UI. :-/

Hi @Carosanfran That is correct, though I’ll share this feedback with our product team. I also agree that this is a bit confusing/exhausting. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

@Liz , I wish I had the option to use the “ Classic “ builder but I don’t seem to.

Even as I tried to use hidden variables, its not intuitive the way the preceding UI was.

Hi @Carosanfran we’ve retired the classic builder, but were you able to add hidden fields with the new builder?