Answered

help* logic setting for opinion scale questions

• 25 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m trying to set the logic flow for my two opinion scale questions and one follow-up open-ended question.

for fisrt question there will be a score 1, for second question score 2.

and compare two scores, if score 1 is higher, then go to question 3, if score 2 if higher, then go to question 4.

can I know how can I set the logic and variables to reach this purpose?

A lot of thanks!

icon

Best answer by Yeung 29 August 2022, 08:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yeung Welcome to the community! We don’t have a native logic jump that would be able to compare the score between two questions, I’m afraid. Though, we do have a workaround that another member created below. It’s a bit complicated, but hopefully gives you some help!

Userlevel 1

@Liz Thanks for the link! I have read it and there’s still one thing I don’t understand.

In the link, it ends at compare two variables are equal or not. But in my case I need it as a pre-information to decide which follow-up question will be ask. May I kindly asking elaborating on this part of logic set?

Userlevel 1

@Liz Thanks for the link! I have read it and there’s still one thing I don’t understand.

In the link, it ends at compare two variables are equal or not. But in my case I need it as a pre-information to decide which follow-up question will be ask. May I kindly asking elaborating on this part of logic set?

I already figured this out, Liz. However, I’m afrid having a far more complex task now.

the origin question contains 3 opinion rating. so the real task is compare the 3 scores and find out the highest  score as the pre-info for the follow-up quiz.

since within 3 scores, there are totally 13 possible situations (score 1 > score 2 > score 3 etc. ) and the logic set become way too complex.

can anybody help me out :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yeung If you haven’t already, I’d suggest posting in that thread to ask for some more help with that logic from the member that created it. 😀

Userlevel 1

Hi @Yeung If you haven’t already, I’d suggest posting in that thread to ask for some more help with that logic from the member that created it. 😀

I’ll do that! Thanks, Liz. :)

Userlevel 1

Hi, I already fixed this problem and thinking post the solution here in case someone needed.

In my case I need to compare three integers and find out the biggest number as pre-info for the follow-up question.

Firstly, I set two variables, “compare12” & “score3”.

if quiz1 bigger or equal to 1, then add quiz1 to “compare1`2”

if quiz2 bigger or equal to 1, then subtract quiz2 from “compare12”

if quiz3 bigger or equal to 1, then add quiz3 to “score3”

if “compare12”is greater or equal to 0,

then subtract quiz1 from “score3”.

if “compare12” is lower than 0,

then subtract quiz2 from “score3”.

if “compare12”is greater than 0 AND “score3” is greater than 0,

then go to “why rate high for quiz 3”

if “compare12” is greater than 0 AND “score3”is equal to 0, 

then go to “why rate low for quiz 2”

if “compare12” is greater than 0 AND “score3” is lower than o,

then go to “why rate high for quiz 1”

THEN repeat the blue part with other two scenarios “compare12”is equal to 0 and “compare12” is lower than 0. each scenario have three conditions for “score3”.

here’s my question structure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Yeung !