Answered

Help with creating a Job Application

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

We have multiple restaurant locations and have built a form to pre-screen job applicants. As they are going through the questions, one is around choosing what locations you would like to work at, and choosing shift hours..etc. Once complete, I need to send an email with the information in it to different people (based on location).

So I have two questions:

1. What is the best way to separate out emails based on locations? Is there a way to nest multiple forms together? 
  2. I am assuming I will need to use Make (formerly Integromat) to create this. Is this the recommended way? Like write it all to Airtable and then email notifications from there?
icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 April 2022, 04:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Levi Daily - welcome to the community

you could use the integration with Google Sheets and an add-on called Document Studio to send the email out based on how you set up the values in the Google sheet. 

Document Studio allows for merging data with an output template in Google Docs/Sheets, conversion to pdf and then sending out the email - and can be based on data lookups with logic in a “send email to” column in the google sheet: 

• in the connected google sheet, create a tab with the locations and email addresses as the columns
  • based on a google sheet column/field that called ‘location’, update the ‘send email to’ column with the vlookup on the locations/email tab  to grab the email address associated with the location selected
  • in document studio you would set up the add-on to send an email (that you customize in the add-on) to the email address selected from the field list 

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, we don’t use Google, instead we use Office 365. So I will need a new option other than Google Sheets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

try the Excel integration and look for Sheetgo … i’ve not used it but a client has it for another solution 

or use Power Automate.. 

just some thoughts