Skip to main content
Question

Help with legal disclaimer at end of survey and logic

• 5 July 2024
  • 4 replies

We would like to put a legal question at the end, a disclaimer about GDPR that people accept to submit their details, or don’t accept.  We can’t work out how on logic, if they disagree to the consent, we can politely thank them, but then phase them out so no data is collected.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@livitytypes - there is a Legal question (or a simple Yes/No ) that you can use. Then use the logic rules to send them to one ending that says thanks or another that says Bye… 

suggest that you put this early in process so that you limit the amount of information that has been collected in responses to questions - either option above results in a form submission - and you can then use a yes/no to confirm their choice nearer the end. 

just a thought 

des

this is great thank you Des!  we have tried putting in the “legal” choice when building the typeform and have just moved it forward (good tip!) but at the moment if you accept it’s fine to move on, but then setting up logic to go to an alternative ending isn’t working and this error message keeps coming up when we test it.  So the person can’t even select “I don’t accept”

🤔 any ideas what we’re doing wrong?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@livitytypes - hmm… that should work but i will check on something with Support cuz i thought i had it set up on a couple of other forms of mine in the fashion i described. 

in the meantime, you could use a Yes/No question to do the same thing - just change the Language setting for the Yes/No options to the I accept/don’t accept wording and it should work fine.. 

des

Oh that’s worked - thanks for the help 🤗