Question

Hey, can I create a custom question type?

• 17 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge

I want to shorten my survey form. I have around 20 questions and want rating on a likert scale for around 12 additional questions. So this makes it total 32 questions and is making the form quite lengthy. Is there anyway, I can shorten this up, as this increases the drop off rate from the form.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @raghav Do you mind sharing your form so far? We’re happy to take a look and offer suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @raghav how’s it going? Do you still need help with this? Let us know if you do 😊

Badge

Hey so sorry for the late reply. Where can I share the form? @Grace @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @raghav you can share it here and then we can check it out and try to offer some suggestions 😊

Badge

Sure @Grace .
Below is the link
https://8n5xov1s2lf.typeform.com/to/CSObZKiR

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @raghav ! I browsed through the form and had a few questions: 

1. Is this the first form that the respondents are filling out? (Also, their first interaction with you?)
  2. If so, could you remove some of the questions and add them to a later form? 
  3. How are you respondents finding this form? 

Thanks in advance!

Badge

1. Yep this is the first interaction.

2. Later form? I didn't get it. You mean a separate form?Can you please elaborate a bit. 

3. They are finding it quite pain taking to finish the form l. So if some questions could be grouped together in a a page ( like the rating questions) it would be great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @raghav Ah sorry for the confusion! I think, if possible, it might make sense for this first interaction to only ask a few questions. Are there any really crucial ones that you need? 

Then, in a follow up email once they’ve submitted their information, you could send them a different form with more in-depth questions now that you’ve captured their contact information and the general basics of what you need from them. 

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense!

Badge

Thanks @Liz . But is it by any possible to get the rating questions on a single page? As I wanted to have 5 rating questions on one page and 5 on another so basically 2 questions. But now it is becoming 10 separate questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @raghav We don’t offer single page forms at this time, so I would definitely suggest having the first form with fewer questions to help increase your submission rate!

Badge

Hi @Liz, thanks for the assistance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @raghav ! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help answer.