Answered

How and where can I learn Typeform? The jargon is frustrating!

• 6 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I appreciate feedback with helpful suggestions. But I’m very confused and frustrated by the jargon (i.e. logic jumps)! I’m new to creating surveys, yet I want to get my survey finished and looking professional. Are there easy-to-understand, step-by-step basic lessons?  Also, I’m overwhelmed because I’m also trying to learn Pinterest at the same time.

Thanks for understanding. Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by James 12 March 2021, 09:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DesignProDiane - this is where i started: at the help and tutorials page

Badge +5

They help center videos may help @DesignProDiane , they did when I started and made things simpler to grasp. 

This article may be of help too. 

Happy Saturday, by the way! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @DesignProDiane +1 to both previous suggestions from @john.desborough and @Gabriel . I'd also recommend having a look at the survey examples in the Typeform template gallery 👀 There are also some links on there to more articles about best practices for making surveys. Good luck and do let us know if you need a hand!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@DesignProDiane Totally understand where you’re coming from in regards to Pinterest! I was just trying to learn how on earth to navigate it from a business perspective yesterday and ended up going for a 5 mile run instead (which is not something I prefer to do….LOL). 

Let us know if there’s anything in particular we can help with in your Typeform, too! :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, everyone, for your answers. I have gone through the video tutorials and other information. Is there a glossary of terms available? I believe this will help a lot. Every platform has its jargon. Someone at the beginning needs to know what the words and phrases mean.

When I’m talking with a homeowner about their bathroom, I use the word “sink” instead of “lavatory.” I explain that they both mean the same thing, so they understand if I seem to misspeak. Years ago, I talked with my Japanese-American clients about their bathroom when their daughter came into the room just as I said, “Have you thought about the banjo?” The daughter stopped and glared at me, then her parents laughed. “Banjo” is a countertop extension we often have over the toilet. “Benjo” is a very unpolite way of saying bathroom in Japanese. Translated literally, it means “poo place.”

Words can help us or hinder us, depending on the perspective.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, everyone, for your answers. I have gone through the video tutorials and other information. Is there a glossary of terms available? I believe this will help a lot. Every platform has its jargon. Someone at the beginning needs to know what the words and phrases mean.

When I’m talking with a homeowner about their bathroom, I use the word “sink” instead of “lavatory.” I explain that they both mean the same thing, so they understand if I seem to misspeak. Years ago, I talked with my Japanese-American clients about their bathroom when their daughter came into the room just as I said, “Have you thought about the banjo?” The daughter stopped and glared at me, then her parents laughed. “Banjo” is a countertop extension we often have over the toilet. “Benjo” is a very unpolite way of saying bathroom in Japanese. Translated literally, it means “poo place.”

Words can help us or hinder us, depending on the perspective.

@DesignProDiane glad it was of some help. I love the suggestion of having a glossary of terms (and love the anecdote more!) @Jon do we have something on our Help Center where we explain our terminology? If not, maybe it's something we could think about creating to help bust some jargon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I also like the idea of a glossary of terms, too! Could be great for us internally at Typeform as well. :grinning:

I appreciate feedback with helpful suggestions. But I’m very confused and frustrated by the jargon (i.e. logic jumps)! I’m new to creating surveys, yet I want to get my survey finished and looking professional. Are there easy-to-understand, step-by-step basic lessons?  Also, I’m overwhelmed because I’m also trying to learn Pinterest at the same time.

Thanks for understanding. Thanks for your help!

I started learning pinterest at web

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah cool, and are you learning Typeform as well, @bakhti_sheikh? 😄