Answered

How can I make the changes in the text of system messages, be defined by default for any typeform?

• 14 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I make changes in the text of system messages, but I want to save that changes for any typeform. Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 March 2024, 17:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarasara Happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a good one so far. Our system messages are form-specific at the moment, but I can share this request to our product team. Do you mind sharing a bit more about your use case? 😁

Hi @Liz, thank you for your answear. If it is possible I would like to share this with the product team. The problem is that I change the text of system messages for a specific request form, but when I duplicate that to create a new form with the same caracteristics the text of system messages were lost and the typeform assume the text default. If I duplicate it isn’t suppose to happened… Can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhhh got it, @Sarasara . Apologies in advance (since I can’t read Portuguese and this could be a dumb question!), but are you translating the form using our language dropdown and then adjusting the default Portuguese text? 

@Liz  no problem, thank you! The default text already appears translated to Portuguese. However, there are some default messages that we don´t agree and change the text. And so far there is no problem. 

The problem is, when I duplicate the form (with these changes previously saved), the new typeform go get the original text of system messages… so I have to make the same changes again. 

If I create a new typeform from sractch I understand that the changes that were made would lost. But if I duplicate, the changes in the text of system messages should remain...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarasara Ok thank you so much - this is helpful! We have an existing conversation already around editing the translated text, so I think this will help the product team understand not only the want to change the text but also why saving it amongst forms would be great.