Skip to main content
Answered

How Can I randomly show subset of question items?

Hi fellow typeform users.

Say I have 30 items I want people to choose top / best 3 items, but I do not want to show all 30 items.

• Looking for randomly select 6 item out of 30
  • Then show 6 items multiple-choice questions (I am open to other format)
  • Then let respondents select top 3 items from 6

Have you tried implementing something like this?

Hi @masa Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. :grin: We don’t have a way to randomize choices, I’m afraid, but I would suggest sharing your feedback on the link below for some extra visibility! 

If you’re able to list all 30 options, you could then use logic jumps to show the questions that apply, if that would work for you! If so, I can share how to setup those jumps. 

Thanks Liz.

I am not sure if I follow what you mean.  I can def list 30 options but I do not want to do so because it will not fit in the screen and people may not check all the items.

If you’re able to list all 30 options, you could then use logic jumps to show the questions that apply, if that would work for you! If so, I can share how to setup those jumps. 

Hi @masa I’m afraid the only way to do this would be to show all options at once, as we don’t have a way to randomize the answers. If there’s anything else we can help with, please let us know!