Answered

How can I take number responses from several questions and add those in a later statement?

• 15 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello!

I am creating a form to get an idea of how long tasks take individuals. 

Question 1: How long does it take you to grocery shop?

Question 2: How long does it take you to meal plan?

Questions 3: How long to…

etc..

Then

Great! So it looks like it takes you ___ in total. Is that right?

How do I set this up?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 20 March 2024, 00:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elevated Thanks for stopping by the community! First, you would need to set up scoring for your form. This article here can walk you through how to add scores to your form so that every input would be added to a score. 

Next, you can then show this score at the end by recalling information. This will show that score’s total on the ending screen once the respondent submits the form. 😁

Thank you for your response, @Liz ! I did see that article, however it didn't seem to apply to my situation. I believe that this is explaining how it can recall if I was the one to input values (such as pizza prices).  In my case, however, the person filling out the form would be inputting the numbers. The person may indicate to me that they take 20 minutes to grocery shop, or they may say it is 2 hours. I would want their responses, number answers, to be added up later in the form. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elevated Yes! You would need to use our calculator to tally up the responses they input and add them to then later recall at the end. This article here can walk you through how to use our calculator. 

I’m sorry, I may not be describing this well enough. What I am seeing in that video and article is that you can create different values in multiple choice or by using the Number field. However, I am not inputting values. Instead I am asking them open ended questions so that I am not swaying them to say something that is untrue or fitting them into a box.

Instead I am asking questions with the answer field being small text. This way they can tell me exactly how long it takes them to complete tasks. Then can respond as they wish: 1 hour, 20 minutes, 3.5 seconds, whatever it may be. Therefore, I need a solution that is not mentioned in that article or video. I could perhaps tell them to tell me how long in minutes, or in hours (30 minutes, 90 minutes… or 0.5 hrs, 1.5hrs etc) but I still would need their short text response to be added up. 

Is there a way to do that @Liz ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elevated - in order to do calculations you need to use a number field.. short text cannot be added up 

you probably need to ask them to provide their input in minutes into a number question. 

des

Hmm, ok- I will give it a try! Thank you!