Question

How do I create an opinion question on Typeform?

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all, I’m Nana and I am a new user of Tyoeform.

I have just purchased the Basic package but, for some reason, I am not able to access the opinion scale question type (as seen in my screenshot).  How do I get this feature as I would have expected it to just appear when adding a new question? 

I’ve searched the help manuals on Typeform but they refer to “classic builder” which I don’t know what that even is

Thanks in advance,
Nana

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nana_OO - welcome to the community!

this comes from a user here - can you try scrolling down the list of questions? it is not readily apparent that you can do this but give it a try… it should be further down the list. 

(i had the same question the first time i used the product as well)

des

Hi @john.desborough and thanks for your comment.

I can’t scroll down further as there is no side bar for my question type options and “statement” is the last question type I have on this list.

So far, I’ve had to create a new Typeform using a template that had an opinion scale pre loaded. I just edited that one.

It looks like I cannot add an opinion scale unless I use a pre loaded template.

How did you resolve this John if you had this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nana_OO - there is no scroll bar on the question list, you simply have hover your cursor over the list and then scroll -- it should appear - you can see in the image below that there is no scroll bar but at the top and bottom of the list you can see that options are partially apparent. 

this was the first question on a brand new form created just now

Thanks @john.desborough 

I have now been able to see all the options.  They really should create a scroll bar as this isn’t intuitive at all!!

At least I can use all the question functionality now though.

Thanks for your assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nana_OO - you are most kindly welcome. I understand and had similar frustrations initially but then i watched my 5yr old play her mom’s ipad and explore a bunch of games - she just kept trying everything to see what would work and was laughing and delighted at the joy of discovery. I have tried to keep that approach whenever i start with a new piece of software - be like a 5yr old and just play!

good luck on your form, now that you can find all the question types!!