Answered

How do I edit Messages once and for all?

• 3 December 2021
  • 8 replies

When I load the Messages in French, the texts load all say "Vous".
But in French, it is possible to say "Tu", to make it more user-friendly.
And I also like to add a little humor in my Messages.
Isn't there an option, which would allow me to customize the French option, so that I don't have to redo the manipulation, every time I create a new Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 3 December 2021, 16:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bonjour, @Bertrand Carbonneaux ! I hope you’re having a great week. Gotta love a little humor in the form!

If you’re changing the language of the form, it will automatically change to the formal version of French. There isn’t a way to customize this to the informal version as it’s updating the text, but you can manually change this in the message settings

I hope this helps clarify, and if you have any other questions, please let us know!

Too bad I can't create my own language ... This would allow me to edit my form messages once and for all. Because I create a lot!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

When I load the Messages in French, the texts load all say "Vous".
But in French, it is possible to say "Tu", to make it more user-friendly.
And I also like to add a little humor in my Messages.
Isn't there an option, which would allow me to customize the French option, so that I don't have to redo the manipulation, every time I create a new Typeform?

Add a little humor is great)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bertrand Carbonneaux I can definitely share this feedback with our product team! It would definitely be handy to automatically adjust which variation of the language you’d like to use. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i know this is going to sound cheeky, but is Klingon on the list?? lol (sorry @Bertrand Carbonneaux )

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - i know this is going to sound cheeky, but is Klingon on the list?? lol (sorry @Bertrand Carbonneaux )

:joy::rofl::joy:

@Liz - i know this is going to sound cheeky, but is Klingon on the list?? lol (sorry @Bertrand Carbonneaux )

HIja', luq.

(“Yes, of course” in klingon).

Is there already a way saving message settings for all relevant languages so that each time I create a new form, I just have to pick the right one from my stored message variants? This means I only have to set it up once for each language and every time I create a new typeform I’m choosing prefered message set I saved before.

This would make things so much easier. Please let me know if possible and if not please take this function into consideration for upcoming release.