Answered

How do I make the end button start over the form?

So I’m trying to make the End Screen of my Typeform jump to the beginning of the form.

I see that there is an option to “call back” one of the previous questions in the form, but once I try and add it, I get the message “This URL doesn’t look right”.

Example 1
Example 2

Logic just doesn’t exist for Endings to try and connect it to the Welcome Screen or Question 1, so I’m wondering how can I do this and if there is a way to do it at all?

I’ve tried adding the URL of the published form and it didn’t work either.

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 20 May 2022, 19:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there, @aantohin 👋

I’d recommend using a link shortener like bit.ly to create a “disguised” URL for your typeform. Then you should be able to use that shortened link in the button on your Ending.

Hey, thank you for the reply!

I can technically even put the link of the page it’s embed on, but is there a way to just go to the first question like in Logic or does it have to start over/refresh the page?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@aantohin Using Logic, it is possible to navigate from your final question to the first question. However, as you pointed out, it’s not possible to use Logic on an Ending.

Even if we did support Logic on Endings, I’m not sure it would be a helpful solution for you. Returning to the first question using Logic would result in the respondent’s original answers being prefilled/preselected. 

I don’t have the full context for your use case, but it sounds like your best bet is restarting the typeform through a button click/URL. 

@andrew_videoask I thought that was the case, just wanted to see if there was a workaround without leaving the initial page.

Thank you so much, this was very helpful! :)