Answered

How do I place restrictions on the dates I enter?

• 5 February 2023
  • 6 replies

There is a field for the customer to enter the date.
At that time, we would like to restrict the customer from entering a date that is older than the date of entry.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 February 2023, 16:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Teru Happy Monday! The post below may help you, as it has some examples of how to set this logic: 

One thing to note is that it’s not possible to set the logic jumps to know which day it is currently, so you would need to update this jump every day. 

Badge

I would like to know how I can add some controls on the date answer in a form.

For example : no date entry in the future, no date entry less than 30 days ago etc…

Many thanks in advance for your help

Nick

Badge

Hi @Liz ! We are not going to update the jump every day, come on… Is there another way to do this ?

It seems like there are recurring questions on more controls on date entry.

Has this been forwarded to product team ? It seems like there are many folks here who need more controls on date entry…

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickdander Thanks for stopping by the community! While we don’t have this feature available in our logic jump capabilities, I added your post here, which references some workarounds. 

Badge

Thanks @Liz ! Again, this is not a workaround. Nobody will implement a daily manual adjusment.

What is the product team feedback related to “more data entry controls” (and particularly on dates) ?

By the way where can we find Typeform’s roadmap ?

Many thanks !

Nicolas

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickdander I’m afraid that this is the best workaround we have at the moment since we don’t have this feature available. 

Of course, if we do build this feature, you’ll be first to hear about it here!

We don’t have a public roadmap, but we will always share feature announcements in the community.