Answered

How erase an answer for the next question if the person chose this answer before ?

• 17 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there ! 

I am building my typeform and I would like to do something but I don’t know if it’s possible.

I have 6 same questions and 6 same answers. You have to choose one answer for each question.

When you chooses an answer for the first question, I would this answer erased for the next question etc etc etc. Is it clear ?

Could you help me ?

Thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 19 February 2021, 00:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, @Prescillia ! Thanks for dropping in! While we don’t have this feature natively in the platform, there is a bit of a cumbersome way to set it up with logic jumps/duplicating questions. (It would take some time to build.) I’ll note the suggestion for our product team! 

@picsoung may also have a tech-y workaround for this, too. :) 

Hi Liz, thanks for your answer.

@picsoung  could you help me to do that more easily please ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Prescillia 

I wish every issue could have an API solution, but in this case I am afraid it’s not possible at the moment.

The only solution I can think of it what @Liz described.

Could look like this

Question 1:
a, b, c, d

b select go to question 2

Question 2
a, c, d

c selected go to question 3
Question 3
a, d

But you need to create a question with all the possibilities
one with all option, one with a out, one with b out…

And play with logic to connect things together.

I’m assuming that the question isn’t exactly the same each time otherwise you could use a ranking question right?

We also did something similar to the solution picsoung mentions above but found it got unwieldy. So we used recall information to tell the user which ones they had previously selected i.e. “So you selected ‘x’ last time, which of the remaining options do you want this time” - not ideal but it was a lot easier to design and was fine for an internal audience.