Question

How to add multiple buttons to a short text/long text question

• 4 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello! For my survey, I want to allow the respondent to enter a value in the short text/long text field, then have the option to click a “More” button for them to enter one more value or a “Done” button for them to finish the section. How do you add these buttons to a question? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @PandoPartner! Welcome to our Community! 

If you create a long text question, your respondent can hit enter and keep writing. You can read more about this kind of question here. Then, you can create a logic to send them to different paths. 

I'm not sure if this is what you want to do though, can you be more specific? Some screenshots would help. 

Wishing you a great day! 😊

Hmmm, thank you. I would’ve done that, except even if you split answers on different lines, when you see the results they’re not separated so it’s hard to comprehend. That’s why it’d be easiest if the answers are in different questions. 

I’ve included screenshots below. Instead of having the separate question about “Yes” or “No”, is there a way to add these buttons to the previous question (5a). So the user can click maybe “Done” and “Add more” rather than having to select if they’d like to continue in another question. Right now, they can only list their item then after they press “Ok” they can select if they’d like to continue - can they simply determine in the original 5a question if they can progress or not?

Hi!

I think I have a similar problem as you @PandoPartner. But i try to solve this by asking all the questions at once. 

But than I want to recap an aswer from what the responded has entered, but than you get a bad overview. 
Is this something that can be fixed? @Gabi Amaral 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evelien98 and @PandoPartner I’m afraid our recall feature doesn’t have an option that would keep the spacing a respondent enters into an answer. Though, I can share this feedback with the product team. 

In your case, @PandoPartner I would instead suggest breaking this into multiple questions and adding them under a question group