Answered

How to attribute a score to 11 items (after asking 3 questions on each), and then making the person choose 3 items from 6 which had the better score ?

• 4 April 2022
  • 6 replies

So here i want to do :

1. I ask 33 questions, (3 on each of 11 management skills).
  1. I calculate a score on each 11 skills.
  1. Then i want to show ONLY the 6 skills with the better score
  1. And i want that the person choose 3 skills within the 6.

How to do 3 and 4 ?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 April 2022, 18:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bonjour @Denis From Paris Welcome to the community! 

@john.desborough @belinda_long @Paulo do any of you have suggestions for Denis on this? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Denis From Paris - this is something that i have raised with the Product team… it’s easy enough (though long and involved lol) to create the logic rules to capture the highest score in native Typeform logic but it gets really complicated if you then have to remove that high score from your logic array and then calculate the next one, then the next one. 

And it is not easy in Google Sheets - downright ugly if i say so myself. I was trying to do this for another client and the idea was to try and use something like the RANK function. BUT that only works on a column and not on a row of data … so to do that you would have to do an arraytransform to take the row data into a column, do the rank (or maybe a sort) and then (re)write the sorted transform back into the row in different cells .. 

and even if we could do this sort of thing inside Typeform at the moment, to be able to use the top 6 (as in the question above) as ‘items to rank’ in a ranking question is currently not possible.  

Not sure if you pushed the data out to Airtable, if airtable could do the calculations for you, then push the questions and the options (top 6 items) into a form created on the fly … webhooks api or magic and microwaves…. 

des

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Ooh, this is more complex than the forms I’ve created so I’m afraid it’s over my head 🙃 but looks like @john.desborough is all over it 🙌🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ooh, this is more complex than the forms I’ve created so I’m afraid it’s over my head 🙃 but looks like @john.desborough is all over it 🙌🏼

@belinda_long - i wish i was all over this… it’s something that has been driving me nuts to get figured out…. especially inside typeform (or into google sheets/excel if they would do it...) 

so what we need is something along the lines of a SORT function in the logic rules that would allow you to sort a selection of variables or answers (the user would have to define which one in the block) and then a "CHOOSE FROM SORT" function to define highest/lowest and how many 

so something like this: 

SORT v1, v2, v3....v10 

THEN Select [number] [highest/lowest] from CHOOSE FROM SORT

if that makes any sense..

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Not easy to do that…

I’m going to find another way to do that and i let you know…

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know what you come up with, @Denis From Paris !