Answered

How to create a personality test with score/letter logic (with multiple personalities results)

• 14 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi community!

I am rather new to Typeform but I’ve been struggling with creating a personality test for the past weeks! I would like to create a test with 10 different personalities, knowing that each person can have multiple personalities.

However, it seems like on Typeform you can just use the score logic or the outcome logic.

Let’s dive in an example:

• Question 1 has 10 answers (multiple choice)
  • Question 2 has 16 answers (multiple choice)
  • ….

Each answer represents a personality, and each person can have multiple personalities, how can I associate each answer with one personality? 

I tried both given logics. The score logic doesn’t work in that case because as said, you can have multiple personalities, and the outcome logic doesn’t work because it’s a multiple choice question.

For me it sounds very easy to just associate the first personality with a score like “A”, the second one with “B” etc. but it doesn’t seem you can do it on Typeform.

Ideally, I want a results that says: 

“Thank you for taking the Quiz, you have 50% of “A” personality, 30% of “C” personality, 15% of “D” personality….”

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 March 2023, 16:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Quiztypecreator Hm, this is a good question. I would normally say to do this with our outcome quiz, but it’s a bit more challenging when you have more than one personality you would like to show them. 

@john.desborough have you happened to see any quizzes where this has worked? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Quiztypecreator - actually you can do this with Typeform and the scoring type quiz. You just need to create the associated variables for each personality type, assign the ‘points’ to the variables in the questions, then at the end of the quiz, you need to evaluate the subtotals as a percentage of the total and display the results. 

simplest way is to get the subtotals for each personality type, divide by the total points (ie if you had 80 points possible in total and you scored 60 in personality type A, then you would divide 60 by 80 and multiply the result by 100 to get the percentage …. 

then list all of the 10 types in a statement page and use @recall to pull in the percentage for each of the 10. 

if you want to go more complex, you can use the logic i’ve posted as a sample elsewhere in the Community to evaluate the top X scores ie top 3, do the same percentage calculation and show only those three in the list. 

just a thought

des

Hi @Liz @john.desborough 

Thank you so much for your answers - that was very helpful!

I’m going to try your method, but I’m a little bit confused with the steps process. Does that mean I start with 

Step #1: Quiz & Scoring Logic set > score quiz logic set to assign a point for each answer 

Step #2: Personalise data > Variables > @score @overall but I’m not sure if I need to add any data at this stage

Step #3: Branching and calculations > divide the personality score by overall score x 100, i haven’t done it because I’m blocked on step #2

Is there a video explaining how to fill out step#2?

Thank you,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Following since I need to do the same, but with 12 (!) personality types. Multiple choice that leads to one ending screen with the top three scoring results.

Ideally the ending screen would read:

You matched 85% with: Category A
You matched 70% with: Category B
You matched 40% with: Category C

(The scoring sinks me every time. Great at the logic. The scoring… oof!)

@john.desborough I saw in another answer  you wrote:

in essence, this is a simple example of adding logic rules to each question ie 1-5 range and then adding the question scores to a series of variables for the colour subtotals. to get the percent, you simply divide the colour subtotal by the total points allocated ie 16 / 20 and then multiply it by 100 to get whole(ish) number values for the percentages. 

Is this wholly different? Those directions are so over my head. Can you provide an example?

Thanks John and @Liz !

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@john.desborough @Liz : After combing through the archives, I think I found your previous answer! Is this it? (see below)

My question is this:
With 12 variables, how do I show only the top 3 results, rather than all?
That part I can’t figure out I’m afraid. 😬

• as the questions are answered, you assign appropriate ‘points’ to a tracking/scoring variable for each Type
    • assuming that the scoring is something along this line: for Q1
      • if A then add 1 to v_typeA
      • if B then add 1 to v_typeB 
      • if C then add 1 to v_typeD
  • my assumption is that there is a max possible score that could be accumulated for any Type 
    • say out of 100 total points in survey, Type A might have a max possible of 40, Type B max of 20 ...etc. 
    • each of the max possible scores for a Type should be set as a numeric variable (for ease of changing the number downstream - ie v_max_typeA = 40)
  • at the end of the questions/points accumulation, you would use the logic rules/calculations to do the following: 
    • if v_typeA is greater than 0, then divide v_typeA by v_max_TypeA
    • if v_typeA is greater than 0 then multiply v_typeA by 100 
      • Note - the way the logic rules work you have to have some condition to evaluate in order to do the calculations, in this case we look to see if there were points awarded to Type A and then figure out the percentage - in order to display as a ‘whole number’ percentage we have to multiply by 100
    • do the same for all the other type variables
  • you could then display the results on a statement page for example using the @recall function 
    • here are  your results:
      • Type A [@recall v_typeA] % (with the percent sign being hard-typed on the screen 
      • Type B [@recall v_typeB] % 
      • etc

Hi, I’m creating a multiple choice (5 answers) personality quiz, that needs to lead to an end page where the contestants get a result for each of the 5 personality types (total number of points per type)

A= 0 points

B= 1 pont

C= 2 points

D= 3 points

E= 4 points

Let’s say Q1 is about personality type A, the contestant answers C which is 2 points. These 2 points need to be added to their total points for personality type A on the end page.

Does anybody know how I can do this? 

Thanks in advance!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Zaka_h I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 😀