Answered

How to create "loading" animation ?

• 27 October 2021
  • 11 replies

Badge

I’m creating a quiz and I would like to have it have a “loading” type animation to make users feel as if the computer is working while they are taking the quiz (if that makes sense)...so that the results seem more “real” .  Any tips on how to do this??

icon

Best answer by info07220103 28 October 2021, 19:55

View original

11 replies

Badge

I’m creating a quiz and I would like to have it have a “loading” type animation to make users feel as if the computer is working while they are taking the quiz (if that makes sense)...so that the results seem more “real” .  Any tips on how to do this??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @info07220103 Welcome to the community! I’m afraid we don’t have this kind of feature, but do you have any examples of a loading icon that you’d like to see in Typeform? 

Badge

After the person takes the quiz...a “loading”/ “getting your results” type page with an hourglass/loading bar animation...where it feels to the user as if they are getting results in realtime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @info07220103 Got it, thank you! That sounds like it would be a really cool feature. :sunglasses:  I’ll share this feedback with our product team, and if you think of anything else, please let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @info07220103 

may not be exactly what you are looking for, but you could create your own video to put on the landing page ...i used a pexels video in this little example

now for more coffee

Badge

@john.desborough that sounds like it might be a good workaround. Too bad it has to be from pexels, youtube or vimeo only….

Badge

@john.desborough I actually got something to work! I downloaded a .gif file that was a “horizontal loading bar” despite it not being a still image, I still uploaded it into my gallery as an image and it is animated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooo fancy, @info07220103 !! Do you mind sharing it? I’d love to see! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@info07220103 - easy peasy isn’t it??

glad you got it working 

Badge

@Liz  I haven’t finished my final product yet, but here is a 1 page typeform just to show you the animation

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! I love this, @info07220103 . Looks really nice!! Thanks for sharing. :sunglasses: