Skip to main content
Answered

How to ensure the number of questions in total is accurate?

At the start of my survey, it says 0 of 6 questions answered, but as you go through the survey, it will say 4 of 15 questions answered. How can I ensure the number of questions displayed to the survey participant is accurate from the very start of the survey? It’s not ideal that at the start you think there’s only six questions, and then there ends up being 15. Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LLA1963 - welcome to the community from another user. 

How many questions are there in the longest path in your logic branching?

At the start of a typeform, the # of questions is based on the shortest path at that time through your logic. If you have conditional branching that adds more questions to the user’s experience through the form, the number will adjust. 

you might want to place a statement question up front that tells your user that you are going to ask them between 6 and 15 questions, depending on their answer choices in the survey, if you want to give them some upfront guidance on that question. 

des

Des, thank you so much for your reply!

There’s 20 questions on the longest path in the logic branching. 

So it’s likely that it’s saying 6 questions to start with because I’ve only made six of the questions mandatory, does that sound right? 

I like the idea of the statement upfront giving them a heads up that there’s be between six and 15 questions. That sounds like a good workaround. Will tinker with that. 

Thank you again!