Answered

How to hide certain multiple choice options (instead of removing them)

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone, would love to get some help on hiding a multiple choice option from a form currently active and being used. As you can see below, the circled option is FULL, as in we have no more spots to slot students (this is an application for summer programs). If I simply remove the option from the question altogether, I lose the info on the responses that have already been submitted. How can I hide this option without erasing the data already collected?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 15 April 2021, 18:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DiscoverU - welcome to the community from a fellow user.

one possible work around:

• update the text on the choice to add “..sorry this is now full”  - updating the wording on the option will NOT cause you to lose the data
  • in the logic rules, add a rule that says that IF they chose that option (ie in this case D) then go to a statement or yes/no page that says “sorry but this is full” then have the logic rules take the user to the next part of branching logic (statement page) or on the yes no page, say that session is fully booked, do you want to go back and choose another If yes, jump back to the choice question, if no go on with the pathing logic.. 

just a couple of thoughts before i get my third coffee.. THEN watch out lol

des

Thanks for the work-around ideas, John. Middle school students are using the form, so my confidence in their ability to be attentive to the “FULL” on ineligible choices is not high. Love the typeform style, but these little details (along with some very beta integrations) keep me from switching away from FormAssembly entirely. Was really hoping there was a question setting that I was missing that would accomplish this for me. Alas!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can share this feedback with our product team, @DiscoverU :grin:

Is there a solution for this? If change the answer spose to wife do former responses would change?