Answered

How to hide data that is being passed into TF URL/Hidden fields

• 2 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Community,

We are using TF as Landing pages for our CRM tool.

Is there any way we can hide/encrypt data that is being passed into the URL’s.

Like I have a Form(https://8kw8tv0a2kv.typeform.com/to/dgI1bsRw#email=xxxxx&phone=xxxxx)

I replace these XXXX with the fields I want to use.

But when this form link is clicked , we can see data in the URL(email and phone).

Is there any way we can get rid of this or encrypt this data.

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 2 July 2021, 11:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @abhinav_13. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

It's not possible to hide the hidden fields from the Typeform URL at the moment. However, if you embed your form to another website, it'd be possible. If you're willing to do that, here is the step by step for you to follow:

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes =)

Hi @Mariana ,

Thanks for the Update!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My pleasure, @abhinav_13! Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

My client would like to send the user Id of its users together with the form so that each submission would then be matched to the correct user in the database. We have access to this user Id value and can attach this value using a Hidden Field. 

The problem is that this value will be exposed in the URL and this is not very secure. Are there any alternatives to send this value to the form but doing in a secure way? E.g. is there a way to encrypt the hidden value in the URL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @mobedi! Welcome to our Community! I've moved your question to this topic where you can find the answer. Let me know if you have any questions! 😉 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @Gabi Amaral, so I supposed there is not way to hide this information in case the user clicks the link from an email.