Answered

How to make sure the minimum number of participants for each survey if there are serveral surveys?

• 7 October 2021
  • 8 replies

I have about 20 different surveys and want 30 participants for each. Is there any way where I intergrate them in one survey and assign paricipants to one of them based on the number of partcipants who have completed one specific survey? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 7 October 2021, 21:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ezrealer Happy Thursday! We don’t have a way to necessarily assign forms to certain respondents, but how are you sending the forms? For example, are you sending the respondents the form via email by chance? 

@Liz I can present one link in Prolific. The only difference among these surveys is the download link. So what I want to achieve is once participants are on typeform, typeform can show the links that have not reached the number of paricipnts I need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah shoot, I see. I can’t think of any fancy workarounds for this, but possibly @Paulo might have one? I know they do quite a bit of surveying of the general population!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ezrealer @Liz 

one thought might be to start with one typeform that has the ‘master list’ of all the available surveys and allow the user to choose from that list and then jump them to a second typeform based on the survey they chose. 

set up each of the individual surveys with a close count of max 30 - so that when 30 is reached that particular survey is closed. would need to set a custom closed message to say this one is now closed, click the link here to go back and choose another survey

this is the manual part: now you have to remove that survey from the first typeform or mark it as closed on the list. 

just a random lack of coffee in the brain at the moment thought

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that’s a brilliant idea. Thanks, @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah, that’s a brilliant idea. Thanks, @john.desborough !

i would take that compliment and run with it .. lol.. i wonder if you could do something with an Airtable integration that had the survey names/links as fields - that you could publish to the form dynamically as often as you needed to - that also received the data that another survey #x had been completed and would reduce the count of available survey responses before close (allowing it to be on the available list) and then automatically re-publishing/pushing the survey front end out every time a survey closed. 

ohhhh.. that last coffee was really good especially when combined with a  handful of chocolate covered espresso beans… not knowing airtable, i have no idea if that is actually possible in terms of a semi automated way .. or just way too far out of the realm of possibility

@Ezrealer @Liz 

one thought might be to start with one typeform that has the ‘master list’ of all the available surveys and allow the user to choose from that list and then jump them to a second typeform based on the survey they chose. 

set up each of the individual surveys with a close count of max 30 - so that when 30 is reached that particular survey is closed. would need to set a custom closed message to say this one is now closed, click the link here to go back and choose another survey

this is the manual part: now you have to remove that survey from the first typeform or mark it as closed on the list. 

just a random lack of coffee in the brain at the moment thought

des

In my opinion, I think @john.desborough's suggestion is the easiest way to achieve the intended result. I checked out Airtable and using its APPS feature (formerly called “blocks”) one can create a new form from a base or import answers from an existing form, but I coundn’t find a way to dynamically publish some data to a form.
I was wondering if it would be possible to use Microsoft Power Automate or some automation software, but then again, it looks easier to set a limit response for each survey and update it manually.

Although Friday afternoon my brain is no longer in its best condition...:sweat_smile:

@Liz @john.desborough @Paulo 

Thanks you all for the suggestions on the quesiton. 

The manually update is a good idea and the only problem might be the very end participants need to take huge time to find the unclosed survey, given that there are about 20 versions of survey. 

The idea in my head at the moment is to assign the link before they start the survey. One possible is to have a personal website that can record the visit times of each link, and to randomly redirect particpants to a well-controlled link based on the visit time. The error may come from the paritcipants who have visited the link but leave before competetion. The difficult is in website set-up(seems can be done in Github) and I need to learn some html coding. Hope it would be not hard and I could use some existing toolbar.:pensive: