Answered

How to pass hidden fields from one embedded form to another embedded form

• 18 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! I’m learning my way with passing hidden fields between Typeforms. My hangup is this: now that I’ve successfully embedded the ‘sending’ form, how do I redirect it to the ‘receiving’ Typeform if I want that to be embedded on a different page within my site?

The tutorial for passing hidden fields says to paste the receiving form URL in the sending form’s redirect--but this is a Typeform URL. I need it to be embedded on my site. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 June 2021, 00:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Raymer,

The redirection link could be any valid link in the world, a typeform or not.
If you want to redirect to another page, you should put the link of the page as a redirection link. Of course you can add query parameters to this link.

Now, if on that second page you also has a typeform, and you want to that typeform to fill up hidden fields from the query parameter of the parent page.
You can follow the same workaround offered by @Mariana here

Let us know how it goes :)

Userlevel 1

Thank you picsoung!

I need the second page to be an embedded form on my webpage, that receives hidden fields from the first. Specifically, how do I tell the first form to redirect to another page on my website with an embedded typeform?

While I want the hidden fields to go to the Typeform, I want the user to go to a page on my site with the receiving Typeform embedded. 

I hope this makes sense! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Raymer - from another user here:

• you use the ‘redirect on completion’ setting/toggle that allows you to do that - see the image below
  • you need to make sure that on form 2 you create the hidden variables to accept the input coming from the first form and you also want to use a little hack to get the url string you will use in form 1: publish the form and copy the link (it will have the form url AND the appended hidden field names with xxxxx as the value - you will just have to replace them on form one) 

in the image below you can see the redirect toggled on and by using the + sign indicator in the box with the url link, i replaced the xxxxx strings with ‘answers’ from questions in form 1

hope this helps to extend what @picsoung provided

des

Userlevel 1

John,

Thanks for your help with this! 

I have done all those steps. My question is about the redirect link. Rather than have it go to form 2 at a Typeform domain (as yours does above), how can I redirect it to my form 2 embedded on a page within my website? 

Side note: my form 1 is embedded on my website. Trying to get form 2 to live on my site as well. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue as @raymer. How do you get hidden fields to pass from one embedded form to another embedded form?

The redirect URL has to be an address on my site, not a typeform address as the above solution suggests. 

Does this make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sklein18 I’ve answered you in your post! :grinning:

Trying to do this as well. Unfortunately this does not work for two embedded forms on 2 different pages. Super disappointed. :(

Same issue 2 years later. Try looking at this post which has a possible workaround — it goes beyond the basic links that have been shared here: