Answered

How to redirect to multiple URLS based on answer

• 23 February 2021
  • 51 replies

Show first post

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - just a thought on this one as well: the solution @picsoung showed above would work with the answer to a question being in the redirect BUT YOU CAN ALSO  use a text variable as the ending of the URL .. this would mean that you would have to populate a variable, say v_ending_lp, with the address of the landing page in a logic rule, but then it would route the user to the specific page. 

ie if @score is less than 10 then replace v_ending_lp with ‘pagenameA’

ie if @score is greater  than or equal to 10 then replace v_ending_lp with ‘pagenameB’

and have the redirect link set up as  https://yourdomain.com/+@recall(v_ending_lp) sort of thing

thoughts??

Just jumping on here to say that I am also really disappointed to discover that it’s not possible to have automatic redirections for each ending. I literally just purchased a subscription, but I’m going to have to ask for a refund as the Typeform platform doesn’t give me the flexibility with layout that I need.

Such a shame!

Hi everyone, 

The redirect upon completion is a great feature, but that it’s a all or nothing proposition is very limitting to its usefulness.  

I can see that others have been asking about the same as the questions I have just submitted to your support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for the feedback, @klavs ! I’ve shared this with product. :grin:

I’m looking for a way through which we can redirect users to different links (from the ending page) based on their email or phone number they enter in the Typeform? I’m not able to try this out since it is a part of the Pro plan.

Has anyone done something similar or knows if this can be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @tanul! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :heart_eyes:

I’ve moved your question to this thread where you’ll find the answer and workarounds that could help you!

Last, but not least, make sure to read this article where you’ll be able to read more details on that!  

Let me know if it works for you! I hope it will! :four_leaf_clover:

Hello there, I am happy that I found this thread and that I am not the only one who needs the option to redirect upon completion to multiple different URLs. The suggested solution of having different thank you pages in Typeform that have buttons that link to different external URLs is also not an option for us.

We are a marketing agency and right now I am considering moving all of our AND our clients’ Typeforms to a competitor that offers this feature, which would be really sad, since I usually like Typeform and switching all of our application forms will be a lot of annoying work.

This thread here is already 5 months old, does anyone know if Typeform will implement the requested feature in the near future?

Best regards,

Robert D.

@Robert94 - you should check out JotForms, they have this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello there, I am happy that I found this thread and that I am not the only one who needs the option to redirect upon completion to multiple different URLs. The suggested solution of having different thank you pages in Typeform that have buttons that link to different external URLs is also not an option for us.

We are a marketing agency and right now I am considering moving all of our AND our clients’ Typeforms to a competitor that offers this feature, which would be really sad, since I usually like Typeform and switching all of our application forms will be a lot of annoying work.

This thread here is already 5 months old, does anyone know if Typeform will implement the requested feature in the near future?

Best regards,

Robert D.

Hey Robert,
Could you tell us more about your usecase, and the format of the URLs?
“Redirect on completion” could send query parameters from responses or variables.

I am facing the same problem right now.

I would like to redirect users to four different landing pages depending on their answers. The problem is that I can't make this dependent on just one response, but would basically use scoring. So at the first question the answer of the user gets 3 points at the second question the answer gets 1 point etc. to then divide the users at the end in e.g. 0-5 points = category A 6-10 points category B etc.

The problem is, if I now simply attach the Scoring variable to the URL, i.e. example.com/@Scoring, there are not only four different variants, but many more.

I would have to be able to say 0-5 points = category A and the URL would then be example.com/a
6-10 points = category B and the URL would be example.com/b

I hope you understand what I mean. I think there is currently no solution for this or?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Seibert Media - welcome from another user.. 

this entirely possible to do using the calculation feature, redirect on completion and some variables

• you just need to set a value into a ‘direction variable’ and append it to the url for redirection 
    • create variable, say, v_landing as a text variable and leave it empty
    • set your logic rules to evaluate your score:
      • if score is lte 5 then replace v_landing with ‘a’
      • if score is gte 6 and score is lte 10 then replace v_landing with ‘b’
      • etc
    • add the variable to the redirection url similar to what you see in the image below where my ‘which_sub’ variable would be your a or b or c… 

the logic rule behind my example looks like this: not exactly on the score based but should give you the functional means to do it. 

hope that helps

des

Sooo… this still isn’t a thing that TypeForm can do?

Conditional branching is at least 70% of why I signed up in the first place.

Shame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @5SALNKT772UV4 This isn’t a feature we offer, but if you have any other questions or suggestions, please let us know. 

+1

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there! 

Is it still not possible to to redirect forms to multiple URLs? 

Wishing everyone a good year 

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RomainL We don’t have this feature, but as always, we’ll post any updates here if that changes. 

I’m looking for a way to redirect to one of multiple secondary typeforms based on answers in the first. I tried the ending page / button technique but the button doesn’t do anything when clicked. Hoping for an elegant solution that allows me to daisy chain multiple typeforms together based on responses, while staying in a single embedded UI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kevinkru Could you share the URL with the typeform in the redirect URL button so we can test it? 

One thing to note is that if you’ve made changes to the form, you’ll want to be sure to publish those changes so they’re on the live version of the form. 

@Liz so it does seem to be working directly at the typeform link here: 

https://kevinkru.typeform.com/to/L4Aw5O7d

But not when embedded here: 

https://www.achievers.community/c/draft-post/test-typeform-redirect-9a079317-022b-438a-965b-a4900a213ef9

I want it to feel like one continuous flow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @kevinkru ! I tested the form, and I see the following error in the console: 

It looks like the platform you have embedded the form on has a restriction on the redirect URL. You may want to contact them to see if they have any workaround solutions you can use to allow the form to redirect in that embed. 

@Seibert Media - welcome from another user.. 

this entirely possible to do using the calculation feature, redirect on completion and some variables

• you just need to set a value into a ‘direction variable’ and append it to the url for redirection 
    • create variable, say, v_landing as a text variable and leave it empty
    • set your logic rules to evaluate your score:
      • if score is lte 5 then replace v_landing with ‘a’
      • if score is gte 6 and score is lte 10 then replace v_landing with ‘b’
      • etc
    • add the variable to the redirection url similar to what you see in the image below where my ‘which_sub’ variable would be your a or b or c… 

the logic rule behind my example looks like this: not exactly on the score based but should give you the functional means to do it. 

hope that helps

des

Hey! I was trying to implement this, but when I try to choose an option for ‘Then’ from the drop down menu, I only have: Jump to, Add, Divide, Subtract and Multiply. There is no option for ‘Replace’. 

Do you know why this might be the case?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DDM - you need to set up the variable as a text variable.. then it will allow you to replace.. 

des

Badge

Just jumping on this now. I would LOVE to have a way to redirect, likely through using hidden fields? 

Our use case is we use it on our website for lead gen. We have lots of resources for people to download, we collect their info and then redirect them to a public download dropbox link. I don’t want to create a form for every resource and then also have to individually map every single form into salesforce leads. I’d love a logic somehow to use a hidden field in the link to decide where the redirect goes at the end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @asmith347 This feature is available now. You can read more about redirecting to different URLs here

In the logic jump settings, you can then redirect based on answers like this: 

Badge

@Liz I figured out a different approach.  Since we are routing to links in Dropbox, all of which area drop.com/s/… I set the redirect on the End page to be “dropbox.com/s/#hiddenfield” and the hidden field we’re putting into the links is everything from the dropbox link that comes after the /s/.  Working really well actually.