Answered

How to remove score on the email

• 6 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi

I set notification settings to send email after user finished answering my survey.

However, the email contains score and I would like to know how to remove it

Thank you in advance

Kotaro

icon

Best answer by Paulo 6 October 2021, 06:50

View original

6 replies

Hi @kotaro! Welcome to the community from another user!

When you choose “All answers” that includes all the variables you have in the form. If you only want to send part of the data, the best way would be to choose only the fields you want, clicking the + in the right superior corner in the message window. I hope it helps!

Hi @paulo

Thank you so much for your answer!

> When you choose “All answers” that includes all the variables you have in the form. 

I understood.

But my survey doesn’t have the question about score.

It seems that score is contained on email because I am using outcome quiz.

Yes @kotaro you got it right! I created a test form here and when I removed the outcome quiz the score variable disappeared. So it looks like the score variable is part of the outcome quiz logic.

Hello. This is a relevant issue. If you don’t go with “All answers”, then you’ll have to insert all questions one by one, including ones that were outside of user’s logic path.

I think we really need to find a way to hide the score, right? Maybe, at least rename it…

Can’t figure it out.

Hi,

I have been facing this same issue. It is true that if you are not using the outcome quiz the score variable will not show. However, if I am using the price variable in my logic (because I have a payment question), the score variable becomes “active”, despite not using any scoring or outcome quiz…

Paulo’s suggestion of putting each question one by one is only valid for very simple forms with no logic, otherwise the user will receive in the email “answers” they never responded…

It should be a way to simply “delete” the score variable...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tiago_santana Thanks for sharing this feedback -  I agree with the frustration behind the score variable appearing. If you haven’t already tried using Zapier, I would suggest this, especially because you can use their Filter function to ensure that certain questions have answers before adding them to the email.