Answered

How to stop respondents from moving forward in the form?

• 20 February 2021
  • 58 replies

Show first post

58 replies

I haven’t set up any logic beyond making the question “required” ...The challenge is, if a user can move past the question without answering... to the answer on the next slide, it messes up the workflow of the form.  It seems like the link that you referred me to only works on multiple choice questions.  Is there any workaround for long form type answers?  As others have mentioned in this thread… this seems to be a big problem.

just ticking on the setting that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

try this logic - in this sample i send the user to a statement IF they enter text.. otherwise it doesn’t go anywhere 

the required setting will force the user to answer the questions that ARE required before they are submitted.. it doesn’t mean “don’t scroll by this question” .. 

All of our work-arounds are very clunky.  We can give it a try… but the scrolling by the question is the real problem… I still don’t understand why they’d let you set up a question as “required” then allow the user to simply scroll past that required question… idk

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

the required bit is that you have to complete the question before submission.. it doesn’t mean that it stops the user from rolling forward. 

couple of things - if your plan allows it, turn off the scrolling indicators. 

and use the logic rules to control movement.. 

on desktop and mobile how do i stop users from moving on or scrolling to the next question(mobile) before they answer the current question? I dont want them to be able to file through the survey without answering each question. Thank you community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kmess185 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

I keep searching for relevant fucntionalities and end up on your forum finding out somebody else reported it. 2 years ago this time. But sometimes even longer ago. A shame these functions are not picked up….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Makethecity thanks for stopping by and sorry for the bit of disappointment on features. Besides the one here, are there any others that you are looking for but haven’t been built yet? I’m happy to pass the feedback to the product team!