Answered

I need to upload files larger than 10mb - what do i do?

• 2 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I need users to upload larger files on my typeform

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 August 2022, 16:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ashmar - until they raise the limits, the workaround that I have been using for my work as well as for clients, is to either create a Google Drive or DropBox folder to be the one that gets the files, then in the Typeform, I create a statement page with a hyperlink to the folder and instructions on what to do (ie upload the file then copy the link to the file they just uploaded) then on the next question, a long text question, i ask them to paste in the link they just copied for the upload file. 

this allows the user to get me the larger file and to give me the link - and it puts the storage burden on my account as opposed to Typeform’s. 

just a thought that has worked for me.. 

des

Does anyone else find the 10MB capacity for uploads to be too small?

Our company relies on our community to submit video testimonials for marketing use, and 10MB is very restrictive, even at the lowest resolutions. The solution provided is to use an application extension such as Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive, all of which have the same capacity restriction at 10MB, or then place tight parameters on our community to submit a video file using our TypeForm, as users may not have a Google Drive.

Our form does the job for everything else, but this seems archaic in 2024 and the file upload capacity should be increased to allow a seamless TypeForm experience for users.

The site information is also misleading in the Business Plan upgrade, saying "- File Upload expansion: Collect up to 4 GB in file uploads on Typeform.”

Hi Des!

In my research, there is still a 10MB restriction on DropBox and Google Drive. Are you finding you can collect larger files in the way that you’ve presented? May I ask what the largest file upload is that was successful?

10MB is very restrictive for our team and we are researching for the best, seamless workaround too.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Biofield Tuning Thanks for stopping by the community. I’ve moved your post here so you can receive updates on this feature request. I’m afraid we don’t offer a feature that expands the limitation on the file size, but I would definitely suggest utilizing the workarounds above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Biofield Tuning - depends on what you pay for. there are solutions out there that will allow for larger file sizes but sometimes you have to pay for them. 

I know that 10MB is not that big - submitting TIFF image photos is just not really feasible lol.. - but the fact that Typeform provides us a modicum of storage capacity - at no additional charge - is not a bad thing in my books. 

Just need to find the one that works for you and, if necessary, be willing to pay for the function. 

des