Answered

'If A and B' condition doesn't work: multiple choice question bug

• 11 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,
I would like to ask you about the multiple choices and if conditions as they don’t work right.

I have a multiple choice question (Choose the buildings you have your own apartments) with the option of multiple selection:

• I have apartments in building A
  • I have apartmrnts in building B

One person can choose both of the options or they can choose just one option (buiding A or building B).

I would like those who have chosen only A option are able to fill in the Apartments for building A, those who have chosen only B option - Apartments for building B, and those who have chosen both of them - fields with the questions on Apartments for A and B buildings.

In fact, when I choose a condition IF Building is A and IF Building is B then jump to Question with both these buildings it then moves the respondent only to the question for A building, so your conditional logic with and doesn’t work.

​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 February 2022, 16:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nadia Kubrychenko Thanks for stopping by the community. This is most likely an issue with the ordering of the logic, which you can read more about here

You may want to list this logic first. Otherwise, the logic will send the respondent to the first condition that’s met, which sounds like it’s directing the respondent to the first answer choice option (rather than checking for both). 

Let me know if switching the order of the conditions doesn’t work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Nadia Kubrychenko! How are you doing today? Were you able to follow Liz' advice and switch the order of your conditions in your logic setup? Let us know if you did and if it worked! Hoping it did! :heart_eyes: