Skip to main content
Answered

Impossible to compare variable - 15 questions - 5 answers per question - 1 point per question

• 6 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve read many of the solutions from the community. 

But none of them works in my case (or I didn’t understand them). 

So I have 15 questions with 5 answers for each question. Each question has the same number of point. Each answer is tied to a profile. So if you answer A too all the questions you have a profile A.

What I want is easy compare, when the form is over, which type of profiles the users have. But it’s impossible to do that. Typeform decided to make this simple thing super complex. I can’t even use JS to run a function.

I’ve built variable score_a_vs_score_b blablabla, but I’m unable to say: score_a (from all the answers) - score_b = score_a_vs_score_b.

So what are your solutions to solve that?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kkkkkkk Thanks for stopping by the community. I’m afraid we don’t have this feature within Typeform, so we usually recommend creating any mathematical equations outside of Typeform, such as in Google Sheets. 

@john.desborough might have an example from the community to share with you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kkkkkkk - one of the things i have been asking for is the ability to subtract varA from varB directly .. .but as @Liz mentioned, Typeform doesn’t have that feature. 

you could do this by using this workaround

• add score_A to score_a_vs_score_b
  • subtract score_B from score_a_vs_score_b 

that would give you the result. 

But @Liz is correct - to do this more efficiently and effectively, you can connect your typeform to Google Sheets and do the calculations you want there.. and have it generate an output report for you. 

des

Got it. but then it’s impossible to do send the data back to typeform so I can redirect users to the right ending (like I wanted to do in the logic branch). So if users are profile A we show this specific slide in typeform, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kkkkkkk - you can do all the calculations in Typeform. it just takes time and effort to create all the logic rules you need. 

if you want to do it in typeform, it’s going to take some time to put it in place. unfortunately.. all i can say is be thankful you are not trying to do it with 27 variables and looking for highest scores and dealing with all possible tiebreaker combinations … that one took over 4,200 logic rules to put in place lol.. 

des

Ok so I set up the logic. So if score_a_vs_score_b > 0 and score_a_vs_score_c > 0 etc then redirects to profile A. The thing is I can’t select a specific ending in my logic. In my set up I selected score Logic.