Answered

Instant Results After Submission for Users

• 3 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I’m interested in sending a simple poll to my list. However, I want the voting USERS to be able to see the results as soon as they vote (and the number of respondents). Is that possible in TypeForm? Or is the creator of the poll the only one who can see the results on the backend?

I just created an account and there are A LOT of settings. Would appreciate some help/guidance from the community.

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 July 2021, 13:16

View original

6 replies

Any help please?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mkgeorge  - welcome to the community from a fellow user. 

i see you were looking for an ‘immediate response’ to your post/request for help: remember this is a peer community not the support desk for Typeform. While there are Typeform staffers who do spend time in here to help us out, they also have other work and lives to live lol.. They are amazing folks but are not in here 24x7 .. nor are those of us users who try to help out as much as we can. 

there is a way to see the results after a user posts by using the Generate Report feature under the results tab (see the images below on how to get there) but to show you that it is possible, you can try this little quiz i created - it has one question and takes you immediately to the report page after you submit your answer (redirection upon completion feature) - you could also use this as the link for a button on an ending page as well. you might want to take the little example quiz a couple of times and note the number of responses (on the right hand end of the graph) the first time and then the next time to make sure that your results are added.

the images below are for a different quiz but will show the steps

1- click on the Results then Summary tab and then you will see the ability to Generate Report

2- set the toggle to enable link and configure the report using the options available.. when done, copy the link that is shown in the upper right hand corner

3- past that link into the into the Redirection upon completion field (if your plan allows for this feature) - click the gear (settings) icon on the create screen and you will see the redirection option toggle, set it on and then paste the link you copied in the step above into the redirect field, but make sure that there is only one https://  instance before saving (when you copy the link for the report, it picks up the https and there is already one by default in this box)

now, as soon as your respondent submits the quiz they will be taken to this page and the results report should show up for them.

hope this helps

Thank you so much! And I apologize for the urgency. Thank you again. You’re awesome.

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if there is a way to generate an immediate live report of the results to users who answer the survey.
Meaning when someone answer’s A they will see how many people answered A B or C.
This is meant to give the ability to compare your responses to others.
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @NOVOS! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

Unfortunately, we don't have a feature that allows your respondents to generate a live report of the results. However, we might have a solution for you! :wink:

That's why I moved your message to this thread where our one and only @john.desborough suggested a great workaround to show the live results to the respondents. Do you think this would work for you?

Let us know if you need anything else! We'll be happy to help! :nerd:

Hello - 

New here so I may have missed something that has already been explained...

The  ‘generate summary’  button does display the responses to individual questions but is there to generate an overall tally or an average to appear on the end page after a user submits answers?

Thank you-