Answered

Integromat: hidden fields, error message

• 1 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Integromat retrieves data of a specific database record using a webhook. It then should create a Typeform with a hidden field containing the record number. If I map the Hidden field to myID of the webhook (this is the record#), it displays this error message:

The operation failed with an error. [400] code: 'VALIDATION_ERROR', desription: 'The payload is invalid.', details: '[{"code":"PATTERN","description":"should match the pattern","field":"/hidden/0","in":"body"}]'

What has to be entered in the Integromat Hidden field (in the Typeform Create a Form module)?

Just to explain the context: We always create the same form. The URL is sent to a specific user. The user enters some text (and uploads a file) and submits the form. An Integromat Watch module triggers an update record event which should update specific data of the record with the id above (myID).

I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Michaela 6 December 2021, 10:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BertrandG Thanks for stopping by the community! @Michaela is quite the Integromat error and may be able to provide more info on why this error is showing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello there @BertrandG , Michaela from Integromat here :wave: Welcome to this lovely community!

Sooo we had a look at the issue and this is the digest of what we came up with :blush:

• First of all, you need to teach the Typeform to expect a certain hidden field.
  • Second of all, you need to pass your dynamic ID value when sharing the link to the Typeform as a URL param.

The scenario we build looks like this:

As you can see, it utilizes the ‘Set variable’ module from Integromat’s Tools section. I wouldn’t want to go into unnecessary detail here but if you’d like me to share the configuration of the modules, feel free to DM me  :nerd: 

Just to give you a bit of context:

There’s no need to try to pass your dynamic ID value into the "Create a Form" module. In that module, you only specify which hidden fields the TF should be ready for but not the actual values.

This logic on TF's side also means that you can actually use 1 TF for multiple people - you just need to send the dynamic ID value as a param in the URL which you share with your clients.

With all this being said, we think your scenario should actually look a tiny bit different. You can create your form manually in the TF UI just once (just make sure you also configure the hidden field) and you probably don't need to deal with the "Create a Form" module in Integromat. The best approach would be to focus on building a scenario which takes the sharing URL of your form and dynamically appends it your ID param.

Example:
Client 1 would get: https://integromatdev.typeform.com/to/sRbYoIsW#id=0000

Client 2 would get: https://integromatdev.typeform.com/to/sRbYoIsW#id=0001

Client 3 would get: https://integromatdev.typeform.com/to/sRbYoIsW#id=0002

And so on...Then the "id" values will start coming to your webhook.