Answered

Is it possible to copy a question from one typeform and move it to another?

Userlevel 2

I have two typeforms and I would like to copy some questions from one to the other. Just copying the questions I need would be the easiest, but if I could merge the two and delete the ones I don’t want, that would be OK too, 

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 July 2021, 18:21

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tim fleming thanks for reaching out! We don’t have a way to copy a question from one form to another, but I can share this feedback with the product team. The workaround you’ve thought of - duplicating the form and removing the questions you don’t want - is the best solution currently. 

Userlevel 3

Being able to copy questions, ideally multiple or an entire group, from one form to another would save me a ton of work. I do copy a complete form and then delete what I don’t need, but that is a one-off, after that I need to duplicate anything else I want in the form I already have in other forms. 

I see this as an essential feature  for those that are doing more complex forms.

Userlevel 2

@Liz 

Problem with your solution is that I have a question I want to add from one form to another, so the duplication option won’t work. 

It would really help if this feature could be added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @johna Thanks for stopping by and the feedback! Happy to share this with our product team. :grinning:

Userlevel 2

Agree this feature is a must, other systems allow all your self-generated questions to go into a memory bank so you can reuse them, saves an incredible amount of time. 

Userlevel 1

I would like to join the choir here. I am running a seminar feedback form that is on the whole year. Every once in a while we need to add some bells and whistles. Those I would like to check out and review in a kind of “sandbox” and in the finished state copy into the “hot and running” typeform.

So: another “thumbs up” for the typeform improvement backlog on this feature ;-)

Hello,

There is this possibility of copying and pasting added because I can't find it and I'd like to use it.

Regards

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I would like to copy some questions from one to the other and I know this feedback is shared with the product team. When this will be feature will be ready? It wil save a lot of work.

Thx for the update of the roadmap!

Team dsp 

This feature is a must, saves an incredible amount of time. We´re considering alternative services until this featured will be integrated :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @thewoorkco, how are you doing today?

Hmm, I understand. May I ask why this is a must for your use case? Just out of curiosity! 😌

Userlevel 1
Badge

This feature would be a huge time savings, we are creating many surveys that generally need slight alterations and currently have to build each from scratch.

It makes no sense to remake the same question over and over for different forms!

The sand box idea is great. I would love to pluck old questions from similar forms that we work on over time and have the ability to put even just 1 question from each form into a new form instead of going back and forth with cut and paste which is what I’m already doing and I just started with this. 

Even to “save and upload questions” maybe?

Obviously this is a simple view of what is probably crazily complex issue but it seems simple enough to fix from the outside.. hahah 

Hello @thewoorkco, how are you doing today?

Hmm, I understand. May I ask why this is a must for your use case? Just out of curiosity! 😌

I just did a search to see if this functionality existed. As others have mentioned, when you’re doing some more complex (options-wise) forms, it would be nice to have certain questions in a bank to pull from. We just completed one form and it took a good amount of time. I will now (unfortunately) have to duplicate that effort for a survey that I’m right now putting together. It’s a bummer. Please, pretty please add this feature. 

Userlevel 1

Adding to the chorus here.  Just completed a whole logic tree for a contact capture and now I need to put it at the end of other forms.  wish I could just “copy questions 15 - 18” and plop into my new forms so I don’t have recreate!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Will make sure to pass your feedback to our product team, @AnneMDDC! Thanks for your contribution! 

Any updates on this one? I’m getting ready to “merge” two forms with a whole ‘lotta manual work. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

There is 2 way .

one is to just duplicate the whole form and delete the question you don't need.

two you could simply make a new questions and add some logic jump to it … 

Edited: use UTM Source and Hidden Field it sure does save time. 

by doing that you could make (look like) more than 2 new form from just 1 form 

if you are looking for multiple form with almost the same question then stop here.

but if you are looking a way to merge 2 or more form, u must utilize redirect URL that function combine with UTM source or hidden field will create a merge type form you are looking

here is one example i made using only redirect url and hidden field ,

this is 3 form merge into look like 1 form, 

http://tiny.cc/testingtypeform

Been doing this since last year and so far i don't need to use new form if the questions is around 70 - 90% the same. as for the result because i use Gsheet,  i just split them into multiple sheet, (example: 2021, 2022, form 1 2021, form 2 2021, form 2 2021, form 2 2022)

Its amazing how how complex you can make the logic in these typeforms and how many options there are to connect your surveys to other programs BUT WE STILL CANT COPY QUESTIONS FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER? This is the most simplest of functions we should have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@shawnlop Thanks for stopping by and sharing that feedback. I’ll pass it along to the devs!

Adding to this as a request. I want to duplicate an entire form from one to another but keep the original URL intact, right now that’s a lot of copy/pasting..

Why has this feature not been made? Just curious, it would be a massive time saver for almost all users at some point in their Typeform journey. Hubspot manage to do this really well with modules. This post has had 1752 views - which would indicate some level of customer need worth building for. This feature was first requested over a year ago and remains of interest to people to create. If each viewer of this post represents someone interested, and this feature saved them even 1 hour each, that is 1752 hours of saved time. 

Pretty sure if you asked each of those people to contribute to the dev time it could get done. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carlfutureplanet Thanks for stopping by! Features are built based on a variety of factors such as current workload, demand of the feature, as well as other various items. If we do decide to build this feature, we’ll post so here. 😀

That is great Liz, thank you.

Do you ever survey customers as to what features they would like?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carlfutureplanet Our product team takes a look at the community here, so be sure to keep sharing any features you’d like to see!

I also would like the feature of copying questions from one form to another, I have some questions that occur frequently but no set rhyme or reason so not so easy to just duplicate one and then deleting them.

Ideally I’d like all questions saved to a question bank so that its easy to pull from prior work. That would speed up the build time for forms tremendously.