Answered

Is it possible to display poll results within the typeform itself?

• 23 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We’re looking to create a ‘live poll’ so that when people answer a typeform they can see what other people have answered in the next slide.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I’ve had a look around and I can’t see anything obvious so thought I’d ask the question!

Thanks so much,

Cait

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 April 2021, 21:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s a great question, @Cait A ! 

I don’t believe this is available but @Liz might have a better response for you. If it’s not available, this would be a good addition to the feature request list!

Userlevel 1

That’s great, thank you! Would be good to know if it will be in the pipeline if it’s not :slight_smile:

Badge +5

This is the closest thing I can think of 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cait A @vickioneill @Gabriel 

I think this is a difficult one to have happen at the moment - in a typical typeform you have to hit the submit button to push the data into some back end (native Typeform or other like Google Sheets, etc), so @Cait A, if you are wanting to answer a question on page 1 and see the current results on page 2 then answer another question on page 3, repeat, .. i don’t think that capability is there: the data has not been submitted to anything yet. 

If you broke the survey into a series of independent typeforms,  you could answer q1, submit the data and then be redirected to the q2 typeform, repeat to q3 typeform etc. In this case, depending on latency of the back end, the typeforms could have pushed the data to some back end, dynamically updated the report data and pulled it back into typeform q2 (or next in the series). That might work but is seriously dependent on the latency between the systems to pass results to the next step. The API’s and webhooks may be able to produce the required materials but still dependent on latency (imho) 

One possibility is to create your typeform with ‘static’ data from prior respondents - so that you can show something along the lines of this:

• Your answer was : @recallq1
  • The answer selected most often by respondents is : 3 (Somewhat Agree) 

or in a graphic format. 

You would have to update the data statement/image every so often to show something like “as of April 21, here is the aggregate response to date: ...” 

From my point of view, while i understand folks want to see the results dynamically, I try to guide them to getting a customized output report that shows not only their responses, but also from the whole population, and in some of the stuff i do, I provide the aggregate data provided by firms who have responded in the industry identified by the user: this give me the ability to create a ‘pretty report’ that has some comparatives for them. check this one out - it is a live data quality self-assessment that is short but gives you the details in a report if you provide email 

I know that there are other folks who are pushing the data to a data-base environment in their web site environment, and redirecting folks AT THE END OF THE SURVEY to a landing page on the site that will call up the results reports they want to show the user at that point. That is now outside of the realm of typeform, part from the connection between the survey and the receiving data bucket. 

just my thoughts on a friday afternoon with too much sunlight streaming into the office window and a blind that refuses to lower lol.. 

hope my rambling has added a little more into the option pool

des