Feedback
Solved

Is it possible to export the form content (questions, choices, logics), not the result, in pdf or Excel ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Is it possible to export the form content (questions, choices, logics), not the result, in pdf or Excel ?

Thanks

Dom

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 April 2021, 20:40

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @doume06 thanks for stopping by the community! We don’t have an option to export the form information via PDF or Excel, but we do have the option to export it through JSON here. Would this help at all? :grinning:  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I saw the JSON export but it’s quite difficult to understand for a non developper. I have done screenshots pf the form for my colleague and it’s OK.

Best regards

Dom

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@doume06 Yeah, I agree - not the most beautiful thing to look at! There’s a tool called JSON Beautifier that I use when I’m troubleshoot novel-length code which may help you with the appearance a bit!

Is it possible to download an entire question set as opposed to the results of a Typeform questionnaire?

Currently, the results output only shows multiple choice options if someone has selected that particular option… likewise, the Typeform question sets I want to download also include multiple logic jumps, but the results downloads only reflect the logic path chosen, not the full range of options.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?

Thanks!

KT

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kt_voco Happy Friday! I hope you’re doing well. :grinning: I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Is it possible to create a PDF worksheet, questionnaire, survey, checklist (or any kind of fill in the blank doc) by setting up the questions in Typeform and presenting it as a PDF?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Sal Frances! Welcome to our Community! 

I've moved your question to this topic where you can find the answer. Basically, you can export it through JSON. Do you think this is something that would solve your problem?

Let us know how it goes! I hope you have a great weekend! 

Hmmm…. this is more a developer/coder resource and beyond my usability.

It’s really mind blowing there isn’t a simple solution to turn a form into a fillable PDF.  Someone needs to jump on this!

Is there a demo of how to use it? I have no idea where to start

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sal Frances - Best bet is to create the survey in a Word document and save as a pdf file. 

Before you create your Typeform, you should already have the list of questions and answer prompts already created - usually in a spreadsheet or Word doc is best. Then you can copy and past the text into Typeform as you go. 

it also allows you to create the paper version more easily. 

just my tuppence.. 

des

hmmm but you can’t make fillable text fields in Word Doc. That’s what I’m trying to achieve.